Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Nick will also end up reading sports as well. Meaning the end of steve murphy reading the sports from albury.

2 Likes

Got to say I disagree - there is no need to double-head a half-hour bulletin.

8 Likes

i still wonder when and if 7 move regional into the new facility in Sydney if Madeline will go or stay with family in Canberra. I keep hearing stories in Canberra about how the building is falling apart and no maintenance is happening

1 Like

where are they coming from now?

Still same location in Watson, Canberra.

1 Like

Has Seven said or stated that they’re moving regional production to Sydney? Or are we just assuming?

1 Like

Just assuming it’s been discussed at length in this topic. Nothing has been confirmed either way it’s still business as usual let’s move on and not enter this meaningless discussion again.

5 Likes

Nine’s hierarchy hasnt always been the most intelligent

1. Eddie McGuire as CEO;
  2. Letting Lisa Wilkinson defect to Channel 10;
  3. Letting Mark Ferguson defect to Channel 7;
  4. Leaving David Campbell on Today Extra instead of giving other opportunities - either a revamped Midday Show or putting him in as host of A Current Affair;
  5. Keeping Karl Stefanovic as host of Today despite his continual brushes with controversy;
  6. Not fighting harder to continue its 40+ years association with domestic cricket - that one was a real slap in the face to cricket fans around the country with very limited access to free to air cricket under the current and future agreements;
  7. more or less screening the exact content that other main FTA commercial stations;
  8. Informercials and religion screening from 1am til at least 10am every day on 9Gem;
  9. In Tasmania, Nine News Tasmania is to air from 6pm til 7pm, moving Win News Tasmania to 5:30pm

i could go on, but you know, there are a lot of mistakes that Nine have made (and continue to make now). Do you remember back in the day of the Packer-Bond-Packer ownership cycle - the morning news disappeared in late 1989 and returned in 1991?

She was about to be replaced / let go and caught wind of it.

Replacing him with Ovaton saw 9 reclaim the crown from 7. 9 Sydney continues to win against Ferguson on 7.

Today Extra is rating well with Campbell at helm. A Current Affair is also rating well with Langdon, and continues to win it’s timeslot by a large margin.

Ratings dipped when he was replaced with Deb and Georgie.

Tennis rates higher than cricket, and has created a winning platform to launch their Q1 programming.

? Most of their programming is exclusive to the network. They also won the ratings year last year with their programming.

What? WIN News will be REPLACED by 9 News Tasmania. It won’t be moving 5.30

9 Likes

Don’t forget:

1. Sacking Paul Lobb from NBN News right (before Christmas just to make it worse)
  2. Letting Ian Ross go to 7
  3. Moving the Darwin news to Brisbane
  4. Axed Sunday
  5. Let WIN go to 10 and expand into northern NSW (they highly likely did it out of spite) , and stopped branding for NBN (highly likely to spite WIN)
  6. Didn’t make Deborah Knight the new host of A Current Affair
  7. Axed Nightline, then had return as the late news without any branding, and doesn’t air it on Friday’s
  8. Let Michael Usher go to 7
  9. Axed 9 News Now just before the pandemic, should of also had put in a prime time slot instead of early afternoon

WIN News Tasmania has been at 5:30pm since the affiliation swap. And I highly doubt the current form will continue as well as the 6pm Nine News Tasmania, if so I would rather it adapt a similar format to Nine News WA First/Nine Afternoon News Adelaide and have it as 2 hours of news from 5 till 7. As I said, highly unlikely and I assume it will be this:

3:00pm: Tipping Point
4:00pm: Nine’s Afternoon News Melbourne
5:00pm: Hot Seat
6:00pm: Nine News Tasmania

WIN News Tasmania will most likely be axed as a half-hour prerecorded bulletin.

2 Likes

Just checking, this is a topic about Seven News Regional?

33 Likes

Welcome to Media Spy

6 Likes

It is supposed to. But since I’m here, reading the new presenter announcement:

I understand veterans’ thoughts about the changing dual-presenter trends, and where it must be done. I thought with Maddie becoming solo, the look-live approach to Seven News Regional (compared to the “record intro per story only” one done for Regional QLD, WIN and SCA SA) would have find a way to manage five markets with full services. Seems like Seven has some cash for Nick.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: WIN News

The former Prime Gold Coast Channel (Channel 6) airs Seven News at 6pm, not Seven North Coast News

Tweed can get both Lismore channels and Gold Coast channels. So that means for example in winter months viewers can watch either Seven News Brisbane, Seven News Sydney or Seven News North Coast/Seven News at 6:30.

1 Like

Exactly, or even further up depending. I used to be able to receive the Murwillumbah relay when I used to live in Burleigh & Palm Beach back in the day.

Disgraceful for a So Many Bulletins Produced in Canberra and yet Seven in that City airs the 6p.m. Bulletin from Sydney, There’s gotta be a way The Network Upgrades their Canberra Studios to Produce a 7 Day a Week Composite News Bulletin for the Nation’s Capital?

3 Likes

“So many bulletins produced in Canberra”?

So a grand total of 1 for the ABC? (WIN is produced and filmed in Wollongong)

1 Like