Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

Noticeable difference for sure.

Last night:

Previous night:

1 Like

2 reasons i can think of as to why they used the other studio, technical issues or they are changing the background graphic to be similar to 7 news regional wa

1 Like

Are local updates supposed to have returned to all markets now? Canberra still seems to be getting Sydney updates instead of the local ones.

I believe the updates return on Monday (Jan 16)

2 Likes

Changing my thought now as to why there using the secobd studio, definitely not technical issues, must be getting a complete new set (which would mean there staying put in canberra for a while) and maybe even new cameras, to make it HD, well with updates returning ( second studio is usually just for updates) normal set may then be used which may then be the new set. My thoughts

They could be upgrading equipment or there was a fault and they are awaiting spare parts.

A quick YT search tells me that all bulletins have been using the green screen since Tuesday, with weather done green screen. Regional WA is not affected. New set?

If its indeed a new set then I think that confirms they plan on keeping production in Canberra. Good for local jobs.

6 Likes

Yes it is great. I am thinking the bulletin will go HD and graphic systems updated to fit in with the rest of the country. I could soon seeing them doing something ala Nine where the bulletin is controlled from Sydney however.

1 Like

main studio had a major fault, they are fixing it… no new set is coming according to people that work in Canberra

5 Likes

Ah ok, tonight looked like it was from the normal set but just the one angle

Still a green screen

Must be a big fault as news had the same setup as last week, weather of course was done from the usual screen this time ( must have moved it). Anyone know what they have done for the in the areas that have updates?

Desk looks less curved in comparison to the updates from last year

Have you heard what the major fault was?

no but have asked the question

1 Like

Stephen Murphy presenting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tonight the news was back to normal in the main studio,

5 Likes

According to a Mediaweek article about the growth of 7news.com.au, Seven’s head of digital news, Brett McKeehan has said this in regards to regional news being included on there:

”We have much stand-alone video content and we plan to host as much regional video content as we can. What I want to see is key Prime markets represented with their own pages with key television packages available. That means someone in Orange could search 7News.com.au and see all their local stories in a dedicated place on the site. That will be coming sooner rather than later.”

1 Like