Seven News (Regional Vic/NSW/ACT/WA)

I know 7flix would be, but is 7mate also statewide in RQLD?

Yes it is. In 7Regional land however 7, 7two and 7mate are local feeds, with 7flix statewide.

1 Like

Doesn’t 7flix have a feed for northern NSW, one for southern NSW and one for regional vic?

Yeah they have a Northern NSW feed I think it’s the same feed across Northern NSW cause I see ads for GC/Northern Rivers, Mid North Coast, New England, and Hunter/Central Coast all on 7flix Lismore.

GWN weather slide now has a (stretched out) logo on it.

Livestock/Grain report in front of the background:

4 Likes

Slightly better than blank with Shauna Willis :joy:

4 Likes

Jesus all of those caps are cursed

5 Likes

Obviously would need some added infrastructure.

Canberra graphics dept., is that what you got for WA Weather? :grin:

Yeah not a fan of this new backdrop at all. Very cheap looking and the fact they’re wheeling it around the ‘office’ to use for reports is just weird. Sigh. This isn’t what I had in mind with the Seven takeover. How did we get to the point where SCA’s cheapest news bulletin has better production quality?

Honestly, not hating on the bland newsroom backdrop now. It was plain but at least it was real.

5 Likes

Better than the hybrid version at WIN News a few years back, how was one going to guess that was a newsroom if it just looked like an office building from outside?

They should have said Weather with the weather reader name and the western Australian weather at the end of the weather report similar to 7 news Queensland

It could be just a temporary transition…. A lot of things are currently on hold until next year, apparently due to Sydney moving into its new News HQ.

2 Likes

The Spencer Gulf bulletin only has a quality set because it’s (sensibly) piggybacking off the resources of 7 Tasmania. If they were still based in Canberra all you’d be getting would be a dodgy stock image smacked onto a green screen.

3 Likes

Have you watched it??

4 Likes

But would we be graced with the amazing presence of John Hunt?

1 Like

He’s mostly been reporting for 7 Tasmania News of late. I think SCA made a great choice in making Madeline the Spencer Gulf newsreader tbh

1 Like

Of course! Beautiful set

1 Like

it’s just a screen, GTS doesn’t use the set aside from the screen. And even then it’s of a globe, for a local news program.

Sure they do. Not often enough though.

Look, I know SCA’s Spencer Gulf bulletin is cheap in most aspects but at least they have a set. A paper-like screen - something you’d see at a royal show marquee as opposed to an actual bulletin - is much worse. Hopefully, as @BJT2 suggested, it’s a temporary solution until something better comes along.

2 Likes