Seven News Presenters and Reporters

It’s been stated by Jess that Ron never spoke to her for almost 6 months after an altercation with whom would read the first story.

1 Like

Yeah, Ron isn’t a very nice guy

She is doing fewer and fewer days. She only does 4 days a week (11.30 and Sydney 4pm) normally, but she does seem to be off more and more.

2 Likes

She hasn’t been full-time for a long time.

She dropped to four days a week when she started doing the 4pm bulletin, four longer days vs five shorter days just doing the Morning News. And she’s always had time off throughout the year, if she’s taking more days off (though the evidence is purely anecdotal…) then it could be for any number of reasons.

4 Likes

Saturday 18 March and Sunday 19 March -
Estelle Griepink presenting weather in Melbourne this weekend, with Sonia Marinelli still on holidays.

3 Likes

And just because she isn’t on air presenting the 11:30 or 4pm news doesn’t mean she isn’t working.

3 Likes

Kay McGrath was on again tonight with a live report.

8 Likes

Her report was shown in the Sydney 6pm news tonight. It was a good change to see her.

6 Likes

Even more Ex-Nine Faces join 7. Elly Mitchell is now at TVW.

1 Like

The grass is greener on the other side, even with the crap set :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em!

As the likes of Tim McMillan, Angela Tsun and Jacquelin Robson can attest. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if (for example) Tracy Vo joins TVW sometime down the track.

1 Like

It seems like that TVW7 throw the money at the good talent (in most cases) to try and stop STW9 from making inroads. I don’t think Tracey Vo will head to 7. 9 have been good to her, especially during COVID, and I think she would stay unless something goes pear shape.

5 Likes

Neither do I; I feel STW are pinning their hopes on her and Michael Thomson in their endless attempts to close the gap with TVW. It’s also worth noting Vo did take on a national role as newsreader on Today before the COVID-19 pandemic forced her to return home and present the weekend news.

Much like how HSV relied (and still continues to rely) on Peter Mitchell in their quest to overtake GTV, which they did between 2007-11 and again since the start of last year. Unlike what we’ve seen in Perth over these past four decades where we’ve seen STW’s news change hands too many times, HSV stuck to the course against GTV as they knew what they were doing.

Tina Alteri spent the 1990s presenting 9 news Perth before shifting to 7 Perth circa 2003-04.

2 Likes

Until just over a year ago people on this very forum would tear HSV a new one on the daily as a kind of mediaspy sport.

It was also widely reported that the culture in the newsroom was not great.

So if, as you say, ‘HSV stuck to the course’ and are delivering the same thing they always have… i wonder where all the critisism of 7 Melbourne has gone?

Is it still the same shit, just market leading shit now?

2 Likes

Thanks, so what was Ross doing before he got the weeknight gig? Weekends?

almost, but who’s his dad? that’s the important factor.

I was referring to the fact Seven stuck with Peter Mitchell in his early years presenting the weeknight news, knowing it was going to be a mammoth task trying to bring down the GTV machine led by Hitch.

But Peter Mitchell already had beaten Peter Hitchener. Seven News was Melbourne’s highest rating news between 2007 and 2011. And after Seven started losing every year, they wouldn’t have known what they were doing, so they would have started doing different things to find a winning formula.

It was also not that long ago that this forum was in deep discussion about how much of a toxic workplace Seven Melbourne was and that assisted with Nine being dominant for the next decade.

If we go back even further to Nine Sydney in 2005, there was the same discussion on toxicity in the workplace was being had.

The point I’m trying to make here, is that Seven Melbourne would not be doing the same thing that they’ve always done. It may appear like this from a viewer’s perspective, but to quote Peter Overton’s 2012 logies speech (Nine News Most Outstanding News Coverage): “we have a big cog with lots of parts”. There are so many parts that make a news bulletin rate, and it’s that selection of ‘cogs’ that made Seven News the dominant service in Melbourne last year.

Just like Nine wouldnt be running with the same formula that they were using 2 years ago, because its not making them win right now.

3 Likes

Elle Georgiou Presenting Perths 4pm News today

2 Likes

Bianca Stone reported tonight on 7News Brisbane

1 Like