Seven News Presenters and Reporters

She is actually not a bad reader. I often watch Al Jazeera and have enjoyed seeing her present.

5 Likes

How did Nick McCallum gain access to inside Melbourne Park for tonight’s Aus Open report? I thought Nine (as domestic rights holders) also held exclusive accreditation, unless they have the right to waive that upon request, don’t know why they would though. For as long as I can remember, all networks that don’t hold broadcast rights were banished to outside the premesis, often across from Rod Laver Arena at Olympic Boulevard for live-crosses and reporting. Can remember Ian Cohen and Kellie Underwood for years at Ten News having to do this, even under lights late at night.

1 Like

Also makes me wonder whether Nathan Templeton did such live crosses when he was at Ten News in the late-noughties/early-teens before joining Seven in June 2012.

There was a 7news microphone when the media spoke to AFL stars Max Gawn and Tom Lynch at a function at Melbourne Park today.

I think non-rights holders can go to players’ post-match press conferences and go around the Melbourne Park precinct.

1 Like

He’s also an employee of 3AW (owned by 9), so I suspect it was that way?

Really? I find that hard to believe. Same for other sports. And why you always see rights holders deep inside said sports’ venue in live-crosses or packages, while others are always on the outside (e.g.) AFL MCG

A nice write-up on Brisbane sport journo Pat Welsh, who’s leaving BTQ after 47 years:

Channel 7 sport legend Pat Welsh to quit after 47 years

After a “brutal” year, he reads his final bulletin next Saturday. Ben Davis assumes his sports editor role.

9 Likes

Angie Asimus posted on her Instagram that tonight was her last 6pm read of the summer and that it isn’t long until she gives birth. I wonder who will replace her whilst she’s away?

5 Likes

Amber Laidler most likely

6 Likes

Rick & Sue return for there 38th year presenting 7 news in Perth tonight.:clap:

13 Likes

Amanda Abate returned tonight on the Gold Coast.

8 Likes

Nice to see Amanda on the left. Wish they’d do that in Brisbane.

3 Likes

I Always think it looks so corny when they leave the weather presenter on that screen during the closer waving for GC & Brisbane news.

Well apart from here in Sydney when it decided to piss down at the end of the 6pm news… Sarah Cumming laughing it off. Miss that girl.

3 Likes

It’s mainly Paul Burt who does the waving :smile: With the news anchors trying their best to ignore him.

1 Like

Lol.

Sunrise has reported this morning that 7NEWS Sydney weather presenter Angie Asimus has welcomed her second child, a girl named Scarlett, into the world.

9 Likes

Congratulations to Angie. This must’ve been very sudden because there was no farewell for her at the end of Tuesday’s bulletin. Amber Laidler did Sydney’s weather last night.

4 Likes

If I remember correctly, there was also a short turnaround between Angie going on maternity leave and then giving birth to her first child back in 2020. This may have also been the same case with Amber Laidler when she had her first child.

1 Like

6 Likes

Eddy said today was supposed to be her last day at work.

4 Likes