Seven News Presenters and Reporters

I think this is where the confusion is because, as strange as it sounds, there is no ‘H’ in the word. It’s spelled ‘aitch’, not ‘haitch’.

Depending on who you talk to, both are correct pronunciations of the letter

It’s a regional dialect, like Steamed Hams.

9 Likes

Sorry, I don’t know what you mean.

Surely this means that Mike Smithson will move to weekdays with Jane? He’s been very loyal to the network.

Another talent previously from 10 goes to Seven.

Any details for those of us who aren’t subscribed? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Will Goodings will co-host 6pm bulletins on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Mike Smithson will remain “a key part of Seven’s plans moving forward.” His new role will be announced in coming weeks.

7 Likes

Interesting. In a coming weeks aye? 7News Channel announcement at Upfronts?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s interesting, the “coming weeks” comment would suit the timeline for when Upfronts take place.

1 Like

It would also suit the timeline for the move out of Martin Place.

5 Likes

As if talent from Adelaide would figure significantly in any plans Seven has to expand news. Drawing a very long bow there. Smithson will go back to reporting on state politics, no doubt.

5 Likes

I don’t think so at all.

It’s extremely possible. A 24/7 news channel would be quite the task to run. Sharing the load to other states would make the most sense.

The ABC News Channel does this all the time.

Programs come from Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Perth regularly.

1 Like

I really can’t see them expanding news after committing so much to AFL. It’s more likely they’ll be making cuts in news.

Taylor Aiken is moving back to Sydney.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci7FwQPpHOl/?hl=en

1 Like

I think dropping the Cricket rights will keep News well resourced.

Interesting pick up. Wonder how he’ll perform as an anchor given his history in sport.
Once again, a case of stupid 10.

Also wonder why Mike Smithson is leaving that role.

5 Likes

Whilst that is true he also hosts breakfast on 5AA so he does have some sort of news background too.

I would’ve thought Nine might’ve been interested in him given their team is still fairly junior and could do with a familiar face.

1 Like

I’m quite surprised some previous 10 faces haven’t been picked up elsewhere yet (Rebecca Morse, Georgina Lewis etc)

5 Likes

She was on The Project a few weeks ago for one night only, was great seeing her back on the box but her work in radio has been great and she’d be silly to leave that.

2 Likes

The article also mentions that Rosanna will have co-hosted a bulletin with both Graeme and Will Goodings.

4 Likes