Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Mike Amor is presenting solo in Melbourne with Andrew McCormack presenting sport again this weekend.

7 Likes

Katie Brown is presenting sport on (national) Morning News this week.

4 Likes

Jacquelin Robson back in Perth on 7
Obviously just filling in for a couple of weeks

5 Likes

Yes appears journos from all newsrooms are having a go in Sydney at the moment.

7 Likes

Tuesday 2 August and Wednesday 3 August -
Sonia Marinelli presenting weather in Melbourne tonight.

5 Likes

Perth reporter Emily Baker is next to have a stint in Sydney - presumably filling in for Mylee Hogan who is in Birmingham for the Commonwealth Games.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Love how when other cities are short staffed the team just work harder, I’ve seen reporters have 2 packages and a do a cross. But Sydney short? better fly people over and put them up for a week.

5 Likes

To be fair resources are a little more stretched than usual due to the Commonwealth Games coverage. It hasn’t been unusual for reporters to do more than one report for the Sydney bulletin, either. Even Ann Sanders has taken on additional duties and presented reports for the 6pm news. We also had the situation a couple of weeks ago where a presenter worked across both Sunrise and The Morning Show.

9 Likes

Also the Sydney newsrooms produce a lot of packages that are taken nationally.

3 Likes

5/8/2022 Michelle Bishop presented the sport on the Morning News today.

4 Likes

Friday 5 August & Saturday 6 August

Paul Kadak presented weather in Sydney.

Rebecca Maddern is back presenting with Mike Amor in Melbourne this weekend.

Andrew McCormack is presenting sport in Melbourne again this weekend.

9 Likes

Seven Brisbane weather has been coming from the Ekka this weekend.
On Saturday Laura Dymock presented from the main arena but was almost drowned out by the activities of the night show in the background.

Sunday was Tony Auden who was in sideshow alley where things were quieter.

7 Likes

Angie Asimus has announced on her Instagram that she is pregnant, expecting her second child.

10 Likes

I know we have the Dickies and Angela Bishops of the world, but when these big news events happen and Chris Reason is the voice of the tribute, you just know how important it is. Chills tonight.

12 Likes

Chris Reason did a good job tonight - for the touching tribute to Olivia Newton John.

Seven News’ coverage in Sydney (and assumedly in Melbourne and Brisbane too) was the opening story, rightly so, and lasted almost 20 minutes long.

8 Likes

Chris Reasons report went for over 12 minutes tonight. Very well done.

10 Likes

Careful, you’ll have people complaining that that was way too long :joy: Some people think that a death like this isn’t important enough to cover.

1 Like

Why the hell he isn’t an anchor is beyond me. He’s one of the best reporters - for sure. But he should be anchoring The Latest every weeknight at 9.30 in an anchor/reporter position similar to US nightly news anchors.

4 Likes

It’s possibly his choice. He was in his element in Ukraine. I think he just enjoys being on the road - and he does it well.

6 Likes