Seven News Presenters and Reporters

Surely she wasn’t the sole cause of said ratings?

I think it is Paul’s first time presenting weather but he has been a fill in newsreader in the past so he is a good choice as a fill in.
Sally Bowrey is obviously having a well deserved day off after a long stretch of working consecutive days.

4 Likes

Would’ve been a really bad look to have weather presented from Brisbane in the middle of a Sydney “rain bomb”.

2 Likes

I don’t think Sydney viewers really warmed to the double header format that Seven News had in place at the time (Sanders co-presented with Ross Symonds, providing the bulletin with a clear point of difference against Nine). Going up against the might of Hendo on Nine proved to be a tough ask.

Similarly, David Johnston and Anne Fulwood didn’t last too long as co-presenters of Seven News Melbourne in 1999-2000; they were replaced by Peter Mitchell not long after the Sydney Olympics in 2000; he didn’t fare any better immediately after assuming the presenting role but an aggressive marketing campaign saw Seven overtake Nine in that market in 2007.

However, Ron Wilson and Jessica Rowe proved to be a successful partnership on Ten News in Sydney, and I think at times they may have outrated Seven News despite airing an hour earlier.

6 Likes

11 Likes

Monday 4 July & Tuesday 5 July-

Monique Wright is presenting Early News.

Jodie Speers is on holidays for a few weeks.

8 Likes

Chris Reason started reporting from Kyiv, Ukraine yesterday.

5 Likes

Adelaide reporter Andrea Nicholas has been reporting from Sydney since (at least) yesterday. Last night she reported on the looming train strike and today the western Sydney floods.

4 Likes

The graphic does say his name though so this would have been planned at least.

Is Kendall Gilding expecting again?

1 Like

Yes. Due in September.

3 Likes

Wasn’t aware but have just noticed a bump the last couple of days I’ve caught the 4pm news.
Wonder who will replace her? Joel Dry?

1 Like

Probably Samantha Heathwood

4 Likes

Ah yes of course. Joel is better on location.

4 Likes

Monday 4 July -

Rebecca Maddern is presenting solo on Melbourne’s Afternoon News.

Sonia Marinelli is presenting weather in Melbourne again this week.

7 Likes

Well when they changed anchors the ratings went up.

2 Likes

Was Chris Reason (Seven News) the only Australian reporter in Ukraine with PM?

2 Likes

Yep.

1 Like

Also makes me wonder how Ann Sanders went on weekends up against Mark Ferguson on Nine in 2004 and later Mike Munro between 2005-06.

It is also worth noting that Ferguson enjoyed some ratings success when he had to fill in for Jim Waley in the final quarter of 2003 (that year Nine News won all 40 ratings weeks).

1 Like

Wish we had access to those historic ratings, would definitely be a great insight. Or even finding out ratings how she faired as a solo presenter in the mid 90s before Ross Symonds was paired with her in 1998.

3 Likes