Seven News Presenters and Reporters

The graphic does say his name though so this would have been planned at least.

Is Kendall Gilding expecting again?

1 Like

Yes. Due in September.

3 Likes

Wasn’t aware but have just noticed a bump the last couple of days I’ve caught the 4pm news.
Wonder who will replace her? Joel Dry?

1 Like

Probably Samantha Heathwood

4 Likes

Ah yes of course. Joel is better on location.

4 Likes

Monday 4 July -

Rebecca Maddern is presenting solo on Melbourne’s Afternoon News.

Sonia Marinelli is presenting weather in Melbourne again this week.

7 Likes

Well when they changed anchors the ratings went up.

2 Likes

Was Chris Reason (Seven News) the only Australian reporter in Ukraine with PM?

2 Likes

Yep.

1 Like

Also makes me wonder how Ann Sanders went on weekends up against Mark Ferguson on Nine in 2004 and later Mike Munro between 2005-06.

It is also worth noting that Ferguson enjoyed some ratings success when he had to fill in for Jim Waley in the final quarter of 2003 (that year Nine News won all 40 ratings weeks).

1 Like

Wish we had access to those historic ratings, would definitely be a great insight. Or even finding out ratings how she faired as a solo presenter in the mid 90s before Ross Symonds was paired with her in 1998.

3 Likes

Apparently there was a 100,000-viewer deficit between Nine News and Seven News when Ross Symonds and Ann Sanders made way for Ian Ross at the end of 2003, the year Peter Meakin was poached by Seven to turn around its news ratings on the East Coast.

In 2004, despite a poor year for the network overall, Seven’s news ratings in Sydney started to turn around, winning 13/40 ratings weeks, and then crushing Nine News (where Mark Ferguson had taken over from Jim Waley) in 2005 winning all but one week.

In Melbourne I think there was a similar gap (though I believe it could’ve been so much larger than 100K such is the popularity of Hitch in that market), also in Nine’s favour, but things started to tighten in 2006/07.

5 Likes

05/07/2022:
Andrew McCormack is presenting Melbourne’s afternoon news.

8 Likes

Interesting. Would Mike and Blake be on holidays?

1 Like

With Natalie Yoannidis presenting sport today.

Andrew is doing well on this bulletin, usual fill in Blake Johnson obviously unavailable.

6 Likes

Blake could be unwell? Seems last minute.

1 Like

Her first time since joining from 10?

@foxyrover Natalie made her presenting debut on Melbourne bulletin last week, yesterday was her second time presenting sport on the Afternoon News.

Tuesday 5 July-

Angie Asimus was back presenting weather in Sydney.

Wednesday 6 July-

Sally Bowrey presented Early News.

Andrew McCormack is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne again today.
Tom Browne presented sport.

7 Likes

Andrew McCormack presenting Melbournes Afternoon News again today. I don’t mind him.

3 Likes