Seven News Presenters and Reporters

It’s hilarious that they felt the need to have two newsreaders on the weekend and still can’t manage to have one of them available to read in the middle of the year. Nice that they’ve given Ann an opportunity given her years of service but they have three people as the face of their 6pm bulletin in Sydney and still can’t manage consistency.

13 Likes

Mark is doing weekdays and Michael is on Sunrise. For all we know Angela is on leave for personal reasons. We do know from past knowledge that her mum is sick. Anything could have happened.

They should have put Shirvo on Sunrise though as any sports reader could have filled in for him on weekend sport but maybe they planned to have Angela back last night and for whatever reason it didn’t happen.

3 Likes

Looking at Angela’s instagram, she is currently holidaying overseas with her partner. So I guess it’s just bad timing that Kochie is away at the same time and Michael was asked to fill in for Sunrise. But good timing for us viewers to get Ann Sanders filling in!

7 Likes

I have absolutely no idea why she was removed from Sydney 6pm in the first place back in the early 2000s…I suppose a bonus though is that us non-Sydney residents get to see her…

2 Likes

She didn’t rate so was removed to make way for fresh blood (being Bathie).

But things are quite different now and I think she has the sort of gravitas that Seven sorely needs an injection of at 6pm in Sydney.

3 Likes

She and Ross Symonds made way for Ian Ross’ arrival at the end of 2003, then within 18 months Seven’s news ratings started to turn around.

Sanders then moved to weekends in 2004 before becoming Morning News presenter two years later.

3 Likes

Saturday Sydney bulletin

10 Likes

low ratings

3 Likes

Mark Ferguson is presenting the 5pm bulletin today.

6 Likes

03/07/2022:
Paul Kadak is presenting Sydney’s weather.

13 Likes

That’s different. First time Paul Kadak presented the weather?

4 Likes

Might be a last minute thing? Sally Bowrey has presented weather for the last week whilst Angie has been off, and Sally was away from Weekend Sunrise this morning so they had to pick someone else and chose Paul.

4 Likes

Surely she wasn’t the sole cause of said ratings?

I think it is Paul’s first time presenting weather but he has been a fill in newsreader in the past so he is a good choice as a fill in.
Sally Bowrey is obviously having a well deserved day off after a long stretch of working consecutive days.

4 Likes

Would’ve been a really bad look to have weather presented from Brisbane in the middle of a Sydney “rain bomb”.

2 Likes

I don’t think Sydney viewers really warmed to the double header format that Seven News had in place at the time (Sanders co-presented with Ross Symonds, providing the bulletin with a clear point of difference against Nine). Going up against the might of Hendo on Nine proved to be a tough ask.

Similarly, David Johnston and Anne Fulwood didn’t last too long as co-presenters of Seven News Melbourne in 1999-2000; they were replaced by Peter Mitchell not long after the Sydney Olympics in 2000; he didn’t fare any better immediately after assuming the presenting role but an aggressive marketing campaign saw Seven overtake Nine in that market in 2007.

However, Ron Wilson and Jessica Rowe proved to be a successful partnership on Ten News in Sydney, and I think at times they may have outrated Seven News despite airing an hour earlier.

6 Likes

11 Likes

Monday 4 July & Tuesday 5 July-

Monique Wright is presenting Early News.

Jodie Speers is on holidays for a few weeks.

8 Likes

Chris Reason started reporting from Kyiv, Ukraine yesterday.

5 Likes

Adelaide reporter Andrea Nicholas has been reporting from Sydney since (at least) yesterday. Last night she reported on the looming train strike and today the western Sydney floods.

4 Likes