Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

News Ltd reporting Talitha Cummins has not had her contract renewed

1 Like

Seven News loses yet more quality talent, meanwhile dodgy reporters remain. :rolling_eyes:

6 Likes

Nick McCallum presenting in Melbourne this weekend.

1 Like

Robert Ovadia presenting Sydney news, tonight.

2 Likes

Kay McGrath is back from leave tonight in Queensland.

Lets hope Nine pick her up, Canā€™t let her talent go to waste! :blush:

4 Likes

For anyone who thinks Kay McGrath might leave Seven, that isnā€™t very likely in the forseeable future anyway. But when she retires from TV News, who is going to replace her (or good enough for Brisbane)? I would bet current Sunrise Correspondent Jillian Whiting might replace her.

Kendall Gilding seems to be being groomed for the position by being given the local afternoon news.

1 Like

Seems like she is too. However I would prefer Jillian Whiting on Arvo News and Kendall as Sunrise Correspondent. Jillian presented Nine News Queensland with Bruce Paige for two years and won both years. She is perfect for the role. Kendall is definitely a good presenter, but Jillian is laps ahead IMO.

1 Like

Angela Cox is presenting Sunday 5pm News bulletin.Mel McLaughlin presenting sport from Melbourne Park.

Robert Ovadia presenting in Sydney again tonight.

4 Likes

Really love that set.

2 Likes

Is it just me or is it that Robert Ovadia is a horrible anchor (couldnā€™t they get Angie Asimus instead?), especially compared to the likes of Peter Overton, Georgie Gardner and Deborah Knight?

BTW I like their zoomed out version of their backdrop.

I know itā€™s one positive for Sunrise, that Kochie, Nat and Beretts have remained in their roles for so long, but I had always hoped they would go onto bigger and better things.

I guess thereā€™s just too much competition / talent at Seven.

Nat has filled-in on other bulletins before hasnā€™t she?

1 Like

Sydney 6pm sometimes, usually weekends IIRC. Cue me changing the channel because I donā€™t like the news being shouted at me.

The irony

1 Like

Did Angie do weather last night? If so, yes she should be anchoring before Rob. Rob is not a great anchor but I have seen worse.

[quote=ā€œLukeMovieMan, post:1796, topic:149ā€]
ā€¦Kochie, Nat and Beretts have remained in their roles for so long, but I had always hoped they would go onto bigger and better thingsā€¦
[/quote] Like Melissa Doyle, they will probably be promoted to ā€˜network rolesā€™ then shafted.

7 Likes

@nationalnews Angie must have had the weekend off she did work weeknights on weather?
On her Instagram she was at the Magic Millions on the Gold Coast with Sarah Cumming yesterday looking gorgeous btw::

2 Likes

Edwina Bartholomew presenting Early News this week.

EDIT- ever since Samantha Brett started her maternity leave the presenting role for the bulletin has reverted back to the Sunrise newsreader,l suppose we will have to wait and see if this will continue permanently.

4 Likes

If the reports are right, Talitha was offered the role but refused it. They may not have anyone else?

1 Like

@Tyson Obviously Seven donā€™t want to use Sean Berry who was Samanthaā€™s regular fill in or even Paul Kadak which would take them away from reporting.
When Jodie Speerā€™s went on maternity leave last year she did say she was returning early next year ,and if that report about Talitha being offered a temporary role on Early News was actually true it would seem now that the Sunrise newsreader (Nat) will now will fill that role until Jodie returns.
But then again letā€™s just see if Jodie actually does return from maternity leave.

1 Like

They should just get Edwina to do it, once every one is back from holidays. Nat can focus on News in the morning and Eddy on Early News and then do Entertainment.

6 Likes