Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I’m a spiteful bastard and have been known to get my own back on people who have unfairly dissed me in the workplace. If these ladies make a habit of being discourteous and disrespectful to the crew who are charged with making them look good, I wouldn’t be surprised if Seven’s make up department is running out of concealer, foundation and eye shadow on purpose.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/face-off-channel-7-stars-clash-with-makeup-artists-wardrobe-staff/news-story/cb194ec33e588888d3db60320707b9e8

Sounds like the bitchy vibe is spreading.

I’m not usually one to comment, but if things like this are happening regularly at Martin Place, then I think the heads should roll. They need an entire clean up before they can be considered credible again. I’d start with getting rid of McPherson and Morrison.

1 Like

Rumours of Samantha Armytage being quite rude and discourteous to fellow staff members aren’t something I would’ve been at all surprised to hear, but Ann Sanders?! Even if she’s never been the biggest ratings puller, I was always under the impression that Ann was a genuinely nice person and is highly respected amongst her colleagues at Seven after 30+ years at the network.

Agreed. Sean Power & Emma Dallimore would be far more likely to make decisions which would make a positive impact on Seven News on a national & Sydney basis respectively, I think.

3 Likes

While there is no doubt situations like this occur in the workplace. I really do question the validity of her claims because some of the words that comes out of Annette Sharps mouth is highly exaggerated making me wonder who her “source is”.

If her story was that good or was a breakthrough they wouldn’t put most of her stories behind a paywall, it would be open for everyone to see to create a reaction.

3 Likes

Again the question has to be asked. Even though we don’t know the full extent of each and every newsroom in Sydney, why does it seem like everyone else in other newsrooms seem to get along just fine while Seven’s newsroom is like a friggin warzone with mass exodus occurring several times during the year? I would think leadership is perhaps the most obvious reason but can’t help feeling other factors might be at play.

2 Likes

How do you know every other newsroom is fine? Lol

Julie Snook/Amber Sherlock not ring a bell?

Yep that’s well known. Though I heard from one of the insiders (that was actually on this forum for a bit) that other than these two, everyone are friends and get along well. While that might not be the sole reason I get the feeling that the general vibe in the Nine newsroom is probably slightly less toxic than Seven, since a lot of the people have been there for many years (compared to Seven’s where many senior journalists and staff have left in the last 2-3 years), and I do think the work environment plays a part.

1 Like

Sharp has a history of sharpening her claws on Samantha.

7 Likes

Good pun and very true :smiley:

Back in the 90s, a friend who worked as a cameraman, told me Anne Sanders was a nightmare.

It is not the first time Armytage has made headlines for run ins with makeup artists and stylists.

6 Likes

Apparently Ann Sanders and Ross Symonds hated working with eachother?

3 Likes

I don’t know what it is, but there is something about that which doesn’t really surprise me.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if Ross & Ann ever hated each other, although I don’t think Seven News Sydney’s presenter banter during the Late '90s/Early 2000s was ever quite as good as that seen on Nine or even Ten.

As the case is right now though, the weather presentation was probably a bit better on Seven than it was on Nine. If you can remember Alan Wilkie (TBH I probably forgot about his forecasts for years before I had the opportunity to see old clips again), you might understand why there isn’t anywhere near the level of nostalgia for his forecasts compared to Brian Henderson’s newsreading and Ken Sutcliffe’s sports reports/presenting.

Seven did that in 1989, didn’t they? Mustn’t have clicked with audiences at the time because Roger Climpson was presenting the bulletin solo from 1990-95.

I guess it would’ve been great if Roger Climpson was again reading the news with Ann during the Late '90s (when he briefly made a return to Seven for Australia’s Most Wanted) but I they probably chose to pair Ross with Ann because it was unlikely that Roger would be on-air for much longer than Brian Henderson.

Comparable to Mark Ferguson in some ways?

Although I think Ross’ reading style was at least calm and balanced, compared to the often sensationalist/shouty style of Fergo.

Disagree. Alan Wilkie was a legend throughout his time presenting weather at both Seven and Nine. I always thought he had more credibility because he was a meteorologist. Always a calm, measured, grandfatherly presence.

There were long stretches of time when Seven Sydney didn’t even have a weather presenter. I remember being excited when the 1988 revamp was happening because the bulletin was getting a weatherman, Clive Robertson, for the first time since Mike Bailey had left for the ABC several years earlier. Robbo didn’t last long and they went back to having the presenters read the weather for quite some time.

2 Likes

On-air personas and what people are like when the tally light goes off are two very different things.

Don’t forget the recent stories about the toxic Seven Melbourne newsroom as well!

2 Likes

During Ann’s long career l have never read anything negative about her behaviour towards colleagues,if Ann was really a nightmare to work with we would’ve heard about it over the last 30 years. Let’s not forget Annette Sharp’s reputation so to me she isn’t a credible source.

13 Likes

Rarely see the Early News but watching it today, Jodie Speers would have to be the worst presenter on television. She has a terrible reading voice -tone and intonation. She doesn’t even look well groomed to be on tv.

Whoa! The early starts don’t suit someone at all. In my opinion, there are far worse presenters than Jodie.

3 Likes

Name them, lol.

Sounds like you were kicked out of bed this morning mate :hugs:

6 Likes