Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Saturday (19.01.2019) - Sunday (20.01.2019): Kendall Gilding is presenting in Brisbane again this weekend.

Laura Dymock presented Friday and Saturday weather.

2 Likes

Is David Brown based in Sydney now?

1 Like

Only for about the last three years!

2 Likes

David Brown was Melbourne - through and through. I can’t believe he is now the actual Seven News Sydney weather presenter. Was there ever an actual announcement? I believe he became the ‘Seven News Chief Meteorologist’ or something to that effect. Then he started filling in on the Sydney news - and here we are today. Does he actually live in Sydney now? (stupid question, I know)

Monday 21 January -

Jodie Speers is back presenting Early News.

Ann Sanders is also back presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News today.

Blake Johnson presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne again this week.

4 Likes

Sharyn and Max back tonight in Brisbane :slight_smile:

1 Like

A bit out of the blue, but I’ve been watching a lot of old Seven News Sydney clips lately and would personally like to see Sam Armytage fill in on Sydney’ 7 News some time this year.

Pre-Sunrise she was an excellent journalist and quality presenter, last time she presented was 2015 where she fronted a pretty crap broadcast of 7 News Sydney. Fast forward to 2019 its probably not up to a high standard for some but in a better place than it was previously.

2 Likes

David Brown’s own family is still in Melbourne. He stays in Sydney on weekdays and flies back to Melbourne for the weekend.

2 Likes

That’s a big commitment, wow.

which also shows a lack of initiative and courage by Seven. Why can’t they have, for example, a “Seven Weather Centre” and base it in Melbourne, and have Brown do Sydney, Melbourne and even Brisbane weather from there, and have him available for all their news/info shows so he can be with his family. Who cares if the weather comes from another city, as long as the information is up-to-date and as accurate as possible.

Nine could really do the same from Brisbane with Garry Youngberry.

2 Likes

But if he prefers to travel to and from then it all works out alright as well.

Not saying that I know him personally, but it could be a personal thing. Plenty of people work shifts that require them to fly-in and fly out.

Ha. Ferguson is to 7 what the Marsh brothers are to Cricket Australia. He’s got something big on one of the bosses. He must have.

It’s gotten to the point where I’m suspecting Ferguson must be paying Seven as opposed to being paid so that he could stay on.

Dare I say it, somehow it wouldn’t overly surprise me if there were a few people at Seven who really wanted Mark Ferguson to succeed Ian Ross instead of Chris Bath.

Most of the Bath-era promos for Seven News Sydney had Mark Ferguson standing alongside her. But when the presenter swap happened five years ago, the promotional focus was all about Fergo with Bathie (and later Mel Doyle) nowhere to be seen!

Although I think it’s since been revised again, Seven reportedly signed Fergo up to a five year contract shortly after Chris Bath announced that she was leaving the network. The article (from Annette Sharp, so take it with a grain of salt) suggests that Fergo was getting $350k less than before and was reportedly signed up to a $800k contract when originally lured over from Nine, but I’d find it somewhat hard to believe that Mark is currently getting $450k or less each year.

Now to put that into contest, Roscoe (while at Seven) and of course, Brian Henderson reportedly earned $1 Million a year during their time. Although I’m not so sure about Peter Overton, I’d have to imagine that he’s likely to currently be getting an annual salary from Nine which is at/near seven figures. But in fairness, at least Nine seem to get Pete doing a bit more (presenter of major news coverage nationally, 60 Minutes “Feedback” segment presenter + possibly still an occasional reporter for said program) to earn his money than just reading Sydney 6pm news bulletins.

Melbourne reporter, Jodie Lee is in Israel covering the funeral of Aya Maasarwe

Wow, didn’t know this. Would be a lot of work expenses that Seven West would pay for, no doubt. Makes you wonder why they don’t just have him present infront of a chroma key in Melbourne.

Friday -

Samantha Brett presenting weather on the Morning News and in Sydney tonight.

Friday & Saturday -

Blake Johnson presenting in Melbourne with Mike Amor still on holidays.
Sean Sowerby presenting sport.
Melina Sarris is presenting Friday and Saturday weather with Jane Bunn now working 5 days a week instead of 6 days a week.

1 Like

I think it’s safe to say Melina is now doing Friday and Saturday weather in Melbourne. Jane is now back to 5 days.

4 Likes

Pfft… Kay’s back!!! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Saturday -

Samantha Brett presenting weather in Sydney again tonight.

Friday & Saturday -

Melina Sarris presented Melbourne weather from Docklands.

3 Likes