Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I still think you are reading in to this too much. This is just the quirk in rostering. Nothing to do with the network’s confidence. I’ll admit, personally it’s odd Max hasn’t gotten a solo chance when Sharyn is away. However, this is just the nature of TV news. There are just some oddities you can’t explain, and frankly, the public don’t need to know the reason why.

2 Likes

These “quirks in rostering” have been doing my head in lately. :laughing:

1 Like

Is there a male understudy?

Does it have to be male? I knoow of a fine anchor woman at the network with decades of experience who is MORE than capable to do it permanently.

Joel Dry, though, is just as experienced at anchoring as Max and would perhaps be the leading male contender. Of course they can always fly Rod Young up if need be.

It’s probably more to do with wanting to give Katrina airtime as presumably she’s next in line if Sharyn or Kay were to leave.

4 Likes

Perhaps Shayrn doesn’t want to go out anymore? You do know they have the choice of assignment right?

2 Likes

No. However, perhaps that is why Katrina fills in, because she is a direct understudy and they’re giving her experience, whereas Max doesn’t have one so they don’t bother replacing him.

As for flying Rod Young up isn’t he capable of driving an hour up the M1? Georgina Lewis manages it on a regular basis.

6 Likes

04/12/2018:
Jane Doyle is presenting solo in Adelaide.

1 Like

Sharyn Ghidella is back co-anchoring with Max Futcher today.

1 Like

Tuesday (04.12.2018) - Wednesday (05.12.2018): Ben Davis is presenting Brisbane’s sport with Paul Burt on weather.

Thursday (06.12.2018): Paul Burt is presenting Brisbane’s weather.

2 Likes

The Melbourne team filming a new shoot for 2019 at Birrarung Marr this morning.

6 Likes

So that puts to bed the rumours that Mitch might soon be given the flick!

Unless there was some additional shooting going on to get around that possibility…

What rumours??

1 Like

Look back through here Salty. Around the time Mike Amor was coming back to Oz.

Was wondering when they’d start promoting Mike Amor. Jennifer Keyte was always in the promos.

3 Likes

Conspiracy theory at best?

2 Likes

Oh you mean from members here.

1 Like

They are the only ones who can contribute. So, obviously.

Your original post didn’t specify if the rumours originated from here or the media. :roll_eyes:

Wednesday -
Mel McLaughlin was back presenting Sydney sport tonight from the Adelaide Oval.

she is part of the hosting team for Seven’s Cricket coverage this summer.

3 Likes