Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Sunday -

Robert Ovadia is presenting 5pm News.

Melina Sarris presenting the weather in Melbourne filling in for Jane Bunn.

1 Like

BRISBANE

Friday (23.11.2018): Ben Davis presented sport.

Sunday (25.11.2018): Paul Burt presented the weather.

2 Likes

Monday -
Andrew McCormack presenting sport on Afternoon News in Melbourne.

Edit
Tuesday -
Sean Sowerby returned to presenting sport on Afternoon News.

4 Likes

Tuesday -

Jim Wilson presented sport in Sydney.

2 Likes

Wednesday (28.11.2018) - Thursday (29.11.2018): Sharyn Ghidella is anchoring solo in Brisbane as Max Futcher is reporting on the Bushfires from Central Queensland.

Ben Davis is presenting sport.

1 Like

Thursday -

Jim Wilson presented sport in Sydney.

1 Like

2 Likes

Mark Readings doing sport Update in Perth tonight

Thursday (29.11.2018) - Saturday (01.12.2018): Ben Davis presented Brisbane’s sport.

1 Like

Sunday -

Jim Wilson is presenting sport on 5pm News/Sydney News tonight.

3 Likes

Sunday (02.12.2018): Ben Davis is presenting sport Brisbane sport. Laura Dymock is presenting the weather- her first since return from maternity leave.

1 Like

Monday -

Blake Johnson is presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne today.

3 Likes

Monday (03.12.2018): Katrina Blowers is co-anchoring with Max in Brisbane. Laura Dymock is presenting the weather and Ben Davis presented sport.

2 Likes

Tonight’s line-up in Brisbane was very telling. Today was the first time, since Bill was replaced in March, that Sharyn was away. Whilst Sharyn anchored solo when Max was away, tonight they wheeled in Katrina Blowers to co-anchor with him. Two things:

• Do they have no confidence in Max’s authority as anchor? Whilst I agree that it was necessary to give him a co-anchor, why did they give him the weeknight position if he isn’t capable of holding the fort. Notice how they send him to cover all of the news events and leave Sharyn in the studio (Nine News rotates). They certainly lean heavily on the latter, and rightly so. I imagine that there would be havoc if she ever quit.
  • If Sharyn called in sick one night, would they ask Kay to co-anchor or Katrina? Maybe Kay is on holidays at the moment or they are falling back on their usual summer duo.
1 Like

Aren’t you reading in to this a bit too much? :thinking:

3 Likes

What? Sharyn anchors solo but Max doesn’t (Bill, Rod and Kay have all anchored solo. Nine go solo when their co-anchor is absent). Max is sent to cover EVERY news event while Sharyn anchors solo.

1 Like

That’s because Max is still senior journalist, in addition to his anchor duties.

1 Like

What about Sharyn’s career though? Doesn’t she deserve to also be at the forefront of news events too?

Also, what is your justification for Katrina co-anchoring with Max tonight? You can’t say that that is how Seven operate when on Friday 12th Octover (and every time Max was in transit), Sharyn anchored solo. Just curious.

1 Like

Sharyn has been. She was out during the royal visit, drought coverage and the Commonwealth Games, not to mention countless other times before. Max is slightly different though because he has network duties on top of BTQ duties.

In terms of Katrina, it comes down to rostering. She’s currently the designated fill-in for everyone. I’m not 100% sure who is the fill-in for Max but my bet it could be Joel Dry or Steve Titmus? We’ll find out soon enough.

1 Like

Not solo. My point is they won’t leave Max at the desk by himself (even over summer, he only ever anchored the bulletin solo 2-3 times solo. Every other time he was alongside Katrina).

No one will fill-in for Max because Seven have confidence in Sharyn, Kay, Katrina (it has taken a bit, but she has been holding Kay’s lead when she fills in of late) and even Kendall to anchor the bulletin and maintain their lead (and rightly so IMO).

Joel Dry may fill-in on weekends whilst Katrina is doing weekdays but I HIGHLY doubt we will see him alongside Sharyn.

Yes Katrina is rostered to fill-in. But no one is rostered to co-anchor with Sharyn.