Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Tim Watson presenting sport for the Melbourne bulletin at the MCG tonight. Jane Bunn is working seven nights in a row this week presenting weather.

2 Likes

Could we be seeing a double header in Perth tonight with Angela Tsun and Rick Ardon?

Mitch did say congratulations Eagles at the start of the bulletin but his not wearing his black & white tie tonight. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Did we notice Peter Mitchell changed his tie at the last minute, from the afternoon updates, to tonight’s bulletin. :yum:

It was black and white… now pink.

5 Likes

Yes. Adrian Barich just mentioned it

Caps:

Opener (with another very long voiceover):

Camera blooper:

and another in the sport preview with Adrian’s microphone muted for the time

and yet another one with a live cross failing and Rick Ardon was forced to read on

8 Likes

So did Perth have a special bulletin directly before the 6pm one?

There was a couple of seconds of closer there at the start of that clip?

And golly gosh… Longest 7 News opener I have ever seen and wasn’t tidy at all.

That voice-over was horrific and didn’t work with the theme tune music at all.

Melbourne’s opener was also underwhelming tonight, unfortunately.

Things like that should be polished and perfect on days like these.

1 Like

All I seen was Adrian Barich in front of a screen and then he said news would begin in one minute and the theme played, I would assume it was just the coverage after the game

So you have video?

Could have been a long closer?

1 Like

No, not of that sorry. It was a long closer.

Did Seven News Perth send its own crew to Melbourne for the AFL Grand Final and Eagles’ post match dinner, or utilise the Melbourne crew?

I would say they would have organize their own crew.

Funny way of doing it. Nine usually just cross to State based reporters around the country. I guess they want to keep the bulletin as local as possible using their own faces.

We were seeing Peter Mitchell in Perth during the GF telecast today in Perth. Coupled with ads for Alice Springs :thinking:

or the Melbourne newsroom does not care about in depth reporting and live crosses to the numerous Eagles functions?

Think logically about these things rather than assuming it’s a “local face” thing.

Mitch was watching the match from his office…

9 Likes

The current setup seems to be working pretty well for 7 and 9 given their ratings position. I’d take a confident guess that they won’t following the lead of Ten News and slash jobs of key newsroom leaders.

I was wondering why he was watching live streaming on 7plus via his office computer, and not an actual TV?

Channel 7 Perth aired a special afternoon bulletin on the West Coast Eagles Grand Final win at 2:23PM straight after the encore of the Grand Final yesterday. Adrian Barich was in the studios, while Ryan Daniels was at Langley Park for the welcome home Eagles event. 50 000 people were at the Langley Park.

1 Like

To me, that looks like a separate and dedicated TV in his office…

1 Like

Peter Mitchell presenting tonight. I would have thought he and Mike Amor would have swapped nights just for the AFL Grand Final weekend.

2 Likes