Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Good promotion for Paul Kadak, but another massive blow for the Martin Place newsroom who’ve already lost a string of experienced reporters in recent years. From what I can tell Paul Kadak has been a reporter here in Sydney for at least 15 years and has probably been at Seven for close to 20, but I’m not 100% sure exactly when he moved over from Perth.

May explain the recent acquisition of Andrew Denney though.

10 Likes

No doubt her reporting on the Las Vegas massacre impressed network executives.

3 Likes

07/09/2018:
Rick Ardon presenting Perth’s afternoon news.

4 Likes

Two great appointments in their US Bureau. They obviously noticed Ashlee’s talent when she was reporting in Sydney and good on Seven for nurturing it. Paul Kadak will boost their international credentials but his future of presenting is probably finished (and that is not necessarily a bad thing).

For once in a very long time, I am pleased with all new appointments, particularly Mike Amor’s return to Melbourne.

6 Likes

Why is Jacqueline Felgate presenting melbourne sport?

1 Like

The only bad thing (not sure what others think but IMO, he’s neither a very good newsreader or journalist) is if Robert Ovadia gets to present more news bulletins with Paul Kadak going overseas.

Speaking of which…if you remember the Saturday night bulletin for the equivalent week last year like I do, you’ll probably be hoping that Michael Usher will be on board to read tomorrow night’s special 7pm bulletin here in Sydney.

It’s a bit strange… Maybe they are looking for a more gender balanced bulletin?

Sean Sowerby has been reporting live at the game tonight.

1 Like

Very strange with Sean also at the MCG… but l must say l did like her presenting sport.

Jane also presented weather from MCG on 4pm & 6pm bulletins.

3 Likes

Something could have happened, and she was a last minute get.

Jacqueline posted on Twitter at around 3pm she would be doing sport at MCG at 6pm.

But if Sean Sowerby is the regular presenter and is reporting tonight that’s interesting.

Didn’t an insider post here that there would be a change to the presenting lineup?

5 Likes

Quite a rapid career rise for Ashlee Mullany given she worked for The Daily Telegraph 3-4 years ago.

2 Likes

I personally think Jacqueline would be better than Sean as regular sport presenter on Friday /Saturday.
Also this week Mike Amor presented Afternoon News from Tuesday - Thursday, l think this could be permanent replacing Jacqueline.

Also to add further intrigue why haven’t Seven done promos for Mike as yet,this is his second week in his new role.

3 Likes

Jacqueline Felgate has replaced Sean Sowerby as weekend sport presenter.
https://twitter.com/kevinperry/status/1037992301597880320

6 Likes

Whilst her husband probably would have been a better appointment, Jacqui is much more confident at presenting than Sean.

It seems Mike wanted to do more than just the weekend news and Jacqui as a result wanted her contract to be fulfilled than just two days of newsreading.

3 Likes

CONFIRMED: Mike Amor and Jacqueline Felgate will share the news presenting on the Afternoon News. She then leaps to the sports department on Fridays to join Mike on the desk for weekend sport.

Great detective skills @Salty

5 Likes

Interesting. I get the fact they need some gender diversity. But have never been sold on Jacqueline’s ability. But I guess, unfortunately, she’s there only option.

See my post above :wink:

1 Like

I did.

Sowerby was told just last week he was out.

2 Likes

Deleted post