Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

A Dry reporter is jumping ship.

2 Likes

Joel Dry?

Hope not, one of Nine’s better reporters.

4 Likes

Thank God it wasn’t one of Ten current presenters/reporters

4 Likes

Chris Reason presenting Morning News & Sydney Afternoon News again today.

2 Likes

Emily Angwin is presenting Friday Afternoon News in Melbourne again this week.

Blake Johnson presenting in Melbourne on Friday again this week.

2 Likes

Just saw Kendall Gilding presenting Seven News QLD Afternoon News.

Being from NSW, I have not seen her before, but I thought she was very good.

4 Likes

Natalie Forrest - former Prime7 newsreader (and I think news director as well) and Seven reporter just presented a segment on Ten Eyewitness News NSW

2 Likes

She’s been based at Ten Perth for a couple of weeks now.

2 Likes

Jacqueline Felgate has returned from holidays is presenting in Melbourne tonight.

5 Likes

So who do we think is best suited to weekends at the moment, Blake or Jacqueline?

I would chose Blake over Jacqueline.

Herald Sun is reporting the frontrunners to replace Jen are Mike Amor,Jacqueline Felgate and Blake Johnson.

5 Likes

Shes now fulltime at Ten Perth.

Herald-Sun’s Fiona Byrne reporting Mike Amor is the front runner for Keyte’s old job. He’ll be covering Mitchell’s holidays at the end of the month.

It doesn’t seem that long ago that Amor was being touted as a possible replacement for Ian Ross as his retirement was approaching. Not sure how many years Mitchell has left in him but you would assume Amor will be carefully groomed to take over from him when the time comes.

9 Likes

Same report describes Felgate as “popular”. Methinks Fiona’s sources have misled her on this occasion - popular with the boss and her husband is about the sum of it.

6 Likes

Much prefer Mike over Jacqueline.

5 Likes

Well she is definitely unpopular on this forum. :grin:

3 Likes

If they have the audacity to put Jacqueline on weekends I honestly would be concerned for the future of Seven News Melbourne (quite concerned right now actually)

It was bad enough they gave her the afternoon bulletin, its the most gruelling hour of afternoon news to watch in Australia.

4 Likes

She needs a little work, IMO, (maybe just experience) but Kendall definitely has potential.

Mike is definitely the best option, especially if they wanted to replace Mitch. If he does get the position though, the authority and experience of the US Bureau would be significantly weakened.

Jacqueline is not great, but there are worse:

7 Likes

Mike Amor is a great option, but does he want to move back to Melbourne? His family is well settled in the United States.

And on another note, presenting 1.5 hours a week might not be enough for Mike. I dare say, he would somehow want to continue his national presence.

They could offer him the National Weekend 5pm bulletin on weekends to accommodate. (Maybe)

1 Like

Mike Amor will fill in for Mitch for two weeks at the end of this month.
Announcement on Jen’s replacement will be likely made in mid July according to the Sunday Herald Sun.

2 Likes