Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Why on earth would she when she will probably takeover weeknights on the ABC in a few years? There are so many people around who jumped at the money to leave the ABC only to be axed a couple of years later.

3 Likes

Jennifer Keyte appears on Denis Walter afternoon program on 3AW on Fridays between 12.30pm and 1pm AEST. This week’s segment will be interesting indeed, hopefully we will hear from Jennifer why she decides to leave Seven to rejoin Ten.

2 Likes

Assuming Seven allows her to make her usual appearance.

1 Like

Crazy move!

After all aren’t these radio segments done as essentially a promotion for the news service? She may not be on.

Seven haven’t made any presentation changes yet.

Just saw an umpteenth “Melb is the heart of 7” promo still heavily featuring Jen.

Social media still showing/listing her too, including her own.

No doubt management meeting today to work out what to do?

2 Likes

8 Likes

@NewsAustralia her name/image was only removed late this afternoon from all social media.

5 Likes

Judging by her last instagram post Jen seems to currently be in London.

I think just prior to her officially starting work at Ten we will have the interview explaining her exit in the Hearld Sun.

6 Likes

Her regular segment on 3AW would’ve been via Seven anyway. Safe to assume that’s all but over now, unless MRN request to keep her.

2 Likes

I would assume Blake will be covering this weekend. Jacqueline will most likely take over until they find a permanent weekend position. Or they might test her out and see how ratings hold.

Rebecca Madden is the best choice for this. Seven need get her back. This could take 6 months until she comes off contact with Nine.

2 Likes

Has Bec had her baby yet?

Yes a daughter in April.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they get Nick McCallum to do the Friday/Saturday bulletins temporarily or even permanently.

The new anchor will be competing with Pete Hitchener on Nine on Friday evenings, so they probably need some gravitas.

No matter what way you look at it, this is a major loss for 7.

They desperately need to get Rebecca Madden back now.

They have no outstanding talent (at least In Melbourne) anymore.

4 Likes

If I was in the position like 7, I would be even trying to lure Jenifer Hansen or Helen Kapalos back to presenting and journalism for that matter.

If they were to put Jacqueline Felgate in the chair they would be off there faces. It’s a struggle right now seeing her at 4pm.

5 Likes

Twitter says Blake indeed has weekends
 for now.

6 Likes

The way that tweet is written reads very similar to a certain member on here :thinking:

10 Likes

I think Blake Johnson is the right decision at the moment. From what I’ve heard Nick McCallum isn’t up to presenting anymore. He barley does live crosses these days.

3 Likes

OMG :open_mouth: it does too :scream:

3 Likes