Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Did Blake Johnson file a report tonight?

1 Like

Quite funny to see AGL Energy spokesman Mike Duffy dodging Chris Reason’s request for an interview regarding the controversial Liddell power station as he left the CEDA forum in Sydney today considering It’s about six months since they were colleagues in the Sydney newsroom.

5 Likes

Tim Watson presenting sport for tonight’s Melbourne bulletin, again live from Gold Coast’s Optus Aquatic Centre.

2 Likes

In Queensland tonight, Sharyn and Max are on, again from the aquatic centre. No sign of usual weekend reader Kay McGrath.

5 Likes

It’s awful, it’s over cooked. Tracking must be poor on Max recognition and awareness (not to max level at all).
I still maintain he has a speech impediment and a weak almost soft Hilary voice that tires as bulletin goes on.
Anyone?

Husky voice NOT Hilary.

:disappointed: :disappointed:

Also, not sure about tonight, but Shane Webcke presented sport on Thursday and Friday nights. I am sure Pat is enjoying a break after the extensive coverage of the Games countdown.

1 Like

Sharyn has clocked up some hours recently after the marathon coverage of the queens baton. Not just every day but long days

4 Likes

True, it will probably result in her taking leave after the games.

It begs the question whether Max will anchor solo. Don’t expect a strong bulletin if that is the case

3 Likes

Pat was at the triathlon events earlier today conducting the post-event interviews - so no day off for him. Shane did sport again tonight from Kirra.

I don’t believe she’s had a day off since at least the relay coverage started on March 29th - more likely 26th for regular news commitments. If so, that is 13 days straight.

4 Likes

Well he’s certainly getting exposure now with massive news ratings, near double that of Nine.

1 Like

Update: 7 News Saturday’s ratings over double and a half that of 9’s. Great exposure for Max :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sharyn and Max presenting tonight in Queensland - live from Aquatic Centre again.

5 Likes

More people no being wowed at all. More people thinking not much gravitas here. More people thinking where’s reliable Kay and the bloke with the moustache…ummm Rod.

2 Likes

Really? Look at the uninspiring competition… and it rates

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

Anyway, time to reply to another post in a more relevant topic…

If for whatever reason Mel McLaughlin was to leave Seven for another network (wouldn’t bother me, because the chemistry between Fergo & McLaughlin is pretty much non-existent) and presuming they still want at least one female on the team, Michelle Bishop would probably be the most likely candidate for the role of main sports presenter on Sydney’s 6pm news?

3 Likes

is this speculation, or have i missed something?

Eek I hope not - I like Michelle but putting her in at 6pm would be tokenistic, she’s just not at that level.

If Mel does go then I think Jim should be slotted back into weeknights. The banter and chemistry is always going to be lacking while You Know Who is in the anchor seat but Jim is at least familiar with the audience and can hold his own rather than being swallowed up by the awkwardness like Mel is.

Speculation, based on reports that Mel comes off contract at the end of this year and her management has been shopping her around. She hasn’t exactly made a splash at Seven over the last 2-3 years and equally I’m not sure that Seven has really lived up to her expectations.

2 Likes

I think they will keep her for Seven News but her new contract won’t involve her doing live sport. She doesn’t excel at live sport and whilst there may be better presenters for Seven News Sydney they will probably opt for consistency.

2 Likes

See, I would think it would be the other way around, ditch her from Seven News and keep her on live sport like she originally was at Ten.

5 Likes