Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Considering that Seven West are on a cost cutting mission, is there really any need for all these reporters to be there? Surely they can have 2 or 3 reporters doing national packages/crosses and save themselves some money…

2 Likes

Ann Sanders is still in the Sydney newsroom today, presenting news updates despite there being no morning news or local afternoon news due to Commonwealth Games coverage.

It’s no surprise that’s what l thought she would be doing for the duration of the Commonwealth Games.

1 Like

Really? I thought it would be one of the reporters like Angie Asimus who would present the earlier news updates before Mark appears for the 3pm update because they are at least required there in the newsroom to file reports. This is what I thought normally occurs when there is no morning or afternoon news scheduled and Ann takes a complete break. I mean, Ann is only a presenter, she never does any reports so why else would she be needed in the newsroom? I just see no point for this and it is an extra waste of money for Seven when there are other reporters already in the newsroom and are fully capable of doing this job.

you do know how full time employment works right?

5 Likes

This is television though so I thought things work differently. If a person presents a show that doesn’t air on a particular day for some reason, then clearly they wouldn’t be required to come in. That is unless there is something that person does behind-the-scenes that we are not aware of and don’t see on air.

time to summit Everest - if I don’t come home boys, someone can have my vault of memes

unless you have Ann-cam then we don’t know what she gets up to, but there’s probably important things she’s doing

Pretty sure I’ve seen her report when needed on big stories

salary ≠ wage .˙. doesn’t change per day

something tells me that is the most likely thing.

if you think this is what happens, then Ann Sanders must get like 15 weeks extra off.

4 Likes

How do you figure? Either the morning or the afternoon news air just about every day of the year. It is only on the odd occasion that there are full day sporting events that it doesn’t and I’m sure that wouldn’t add up to as much as 15 weeks.

Only very rarely though, not as often as other people who actually work as reporters like Paul Kadak etc.

1 Like

you do know what an over-exaggeration.

if 7 gets the cricket it’ll be 5 weeks minimum each summer.

To members in NSW who complain about Tim Bailey I give you this

8 Likes

Mate, she’ll be employed by Seven News. If she’s not required to present the morning news then she’ll be assigned other duties.

Producing, library, reporting are just three other duties I can think of off the top of my head she could do.

6 Likes

Exactly plenty of other duties Ann could be doing for the network while the Commonwealth Games are on.

4 Likes

Perth closer

9 Likes

like reading those updates. yes, they pay people just to read 30 second scripts!

3 Likes

No video?

Today Jacqueline Felgate in Melbourne filed a report on the 6pm bulletin. I’m guessing she is back on the road filing reports while the 4pm bulletin is off air due to the Commonwealth Games.

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t have a recorder or YT channel. But you can view it on the 7plus app if they have posted tonights broadcast yet.

Jacqui quite often still files reports (and even does live crosses) during the 6pm bulletin, whilst still presenting the afternoon news.

2 Likes

100%.

We forget that there is less of delineation in a working environment when it comes to putting product on air. At the end of the day, these people are all journalists. Not just “newsreader” 5 nights a week. And they’re also the top representatives of their network in the community. I suspect Ann could fit in a couple of charity events this week.

5 Likes

Melina Sarris is presenting the weather in Melbourne tonight.

3 Likes