Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Freya Cole is presenting tonight’s weather in Sydney, with Mark Beretta presenting sport.

4 Likes

The first time the national audience has been exposed to her I think?

Would love to know what people outside of Victoria think?

2 Likes

She has pressnted the news on Weekend Sunrise before.

3 Likes

Samantha Jolly presented in Perth tonight.

2 Likes

She has done Weekend Sunrise News before. But yes this is her first national bulletin.

1 Like

Michael Usher filling in for Mark Ferguson in Sydney tonight

2 Likes

Didn’t expect Mark to be presenting tonight, Easter Sunday

From memory, Fergo presented Sydney’s 6pm news on Easter Sunday last year…

1 Like

Well that is unusual then.

Mel McLaughlin has begun presenting sport from the Gold Coast in Sydney’s news tonight, where I suspect she’ll be presenting sport from for the next 2 weeks in the lead up to and the duration of the Commonwealth Games.

1 Like

Peter Mitchell is presenting in Melbourne tonight

2 Likes

Regardless, I see Easter Sunday as being like Christmas Day so it’s perfectly acceptable if regular presenters want to take the night off.

Good to know they have your blessing

18 Likes

Amen! :joy:

We don’t want outrage on Easter Sunday :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Easter Sunday is nothing like a Christmas Day. If you want a comparison day / it would be Good Friday.

Why Good Friday? Easter Sunday is the day of most Easter celebrations with family & friends and giving of chocolate eggs and the like similar to how Christmas Day is about also celebrating with friends and family and the giving of presents. How is Good Friday more similar than Easter Sunday to Christmas? Just because that was Christ’s crucifixion day…

Seriously mate. Its nothing to do with that. From a ‘who works on what night’ pov - Good Friday & Christmas Day are both full National public holidays. Easter Sunday is not.

It has nothing to do with presents or Easter eggs or Jesus coming and going.

5 Likes

So Easter and Christmas have nothing to do with Jesus now? :joy:

Tell that to all the businesses which were closed today and the bistro that charged us a Public Holiday surcharge today for lunch.

2 Likes

Not what I was saying at all. Put it into context.

2 Likes

If you were stupid enough to go to a business with a surcharge, it’s your own fault! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Um, sorry - national public holidays for the Easter long weekend now stand as Friday-Monday. All 4 days…

1 Like