Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

For those interested - reporters Marlina Whop, Tom Hartley and Gold Coast presenter Amanda Abate are the assigned reporters for the Countdown To Gold Coast coverage airing over the next few days - which is following the Queens Baton Relay through Brisbane.

I assume that because of this, Rod Young is reading solo on the Gold Coast.

I also assume that since Sharyn Ghidella is hosting the coverage for quite a lengthy period during the day, that she may not be reading Seven News either.

No Afternoon News scheduled, but Kendall Gilding is doing News Updates at various points.

2 Likes

Sally Bowrey presented today’s Good Friday edition of Seven News: First at 4 Sydney.

2 Likes

Sally Bowery presented weather on Seven News Sydney

5 Likes

I was wondering if Sally was going to present the weather tonight, but thought she may not after saying we’ll see her on Weekend Sunrise tomorrow at the end of Sydney’s 4pm news.

3 Likes

Well she is the regular Friday presenter so why would you think she wouldn’t be presenting today, because it’s Good Friday?

Mind you I’m confused that she is going to be on Weekend Sunrise this weekend when Angela Cox claimed on her Instagram last weekend that she would be on Weekend Sunrise the next two weekends. Maybe Mon will be away??

Edit: Just seen on the Sunrise thread that @Salty is thinking the same way…

She did present the weather on Sydney’s 6PM news tonight. How long has it been since she last presented weather in Sydney’s 6PM news?

3 Likes

No Gold Coast news during the Commonwealth Games I understand. IIRC, the last bulletin was on Wednesday.

After hosting the coverage yesterday, both Sharyn and Pat still presented at 6.

1 Like

That’s next Wednesday.

2 Likes

Andrea Nicolas presented the news tonight, which was at 6.30 due to the footy.

2 Likes

Paula Voce presented in Perth this Good Friday:

Courtesy: @SamSamTV

6 Likes

Then why is the CG coverage leaving the main channel in Brisbane early at 5.30pm, if it’s not for Gold Coast news?

In Brisbane early for Gold Coast News? Don’t you mean to say the Gold Coast?

It all feels a little backwards this bulletin.

Darren Lehmann stepped down as coach about 21 hours before and the intro to the story presents this as new information to the viewer. I doubt there’s many who wouldn’t have known this by 6pm the next day. TV news can’t get away* with just being a recap of the last 24 hours anymore, the vast majority of people have already heard the headlines. It needs to tell us more. That intro and package was a let down.

*I’m ignoring of course that if anyone can get away with it, it is 7 Perth.

3 Likes

They had a bulletin last night with Rod solo - and advanced guides (Ebroadcast) indicates Gold Coast news still still airing next Thursday and Friday alongside the games.

1 Like

The Gold Coast News has been re-instated - it originally was out of the schedule.

6 Likes

Angie Asimus is having the weekend off this Easter long weekend, including Good Friday yesterday so she will not be presenting the 5PM bulletins this Saturday & Sunday.

Edit: Jacqueline Felgate presented the 5PM bulletin on Saturday from the Melbourne studios, she is also presenting the sport herself. First time a national audience has had a look at the new Melbourne headquarters it can be noted.

Freya Cole is presenting Sydney’s weather this weekend (Saturday & Sunday). David Brown took Easter Sunday off. Mark Beretta presented Sydney’s sport on Saturday.

Freya Cole presented the 5PM bulletin on Sunday which only aired in Sydney and as such was very Sydney-centric despite it being designed as a ‘national’ bulletin still with the globe backdrop being used…

2 Likes

Jacqueline Felgate presenting 5pm News today.

Edit- Jacqueline also read sport and weather forecast

2 Likes

From Sydney or Melbourne?

Looks Melbourne

3 Likes

Melbourne.
Recording the bulletin at the moment.

3 Likes

Thank goodness for that, it would’ve been a very bad look if the local news bulletin for the host network of GC2018 wasn’t on-air for the duration of the event!

5 Likes