Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

And Mel is supposed to be number 1?

If anyone deserves to be on number 1, it’s David Brown. He runs rings around the other two despite only appearing once or twice in the bulletin.

7 Likes

Rob Scott was onboard The QF9 flight to London. He was in Heathrow airport reporting about inaugural flight from Perth to london

2 Likes

Robert Ovadia is reporting from Johannesburg on the cricket ball tampering scandal.

3 Likes

Why has Seven sent David Woiwood to Perth the cover the Qantas Dreamliner… we have an influx of reporters in Perth so I can’t justify why…

David reported a local Perth story tonight. Perhaps a relocation? Or filling in for the week? :thinking:

1 Like

Correct. From what i heard he was filling in.

3 Likes

Its a refreshing change for Perth.

And what is this supposed to mean:

1 Like

How stubborn old McPherson continues to persist with the same shitty strategy for this long is absolutely beyond me. He doesn’t have issues with likeability, the audience does and the ratings prove it.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Neither Sydney 6pm news service is without it’s flaws but for the most part, Nine is doing a decent job while Seven really needs to find a stronger point of difference that the market will respond to. Sure, David Brown has improved the weather coverage immensely (having possibly turned it from the worst to best on Sydney commercial TV) but most other elements still leave a fair bit to be desired.

3 Likes

It’s been proven that Sydney viewers don’t like Mark, if they did he would have been successful at Nine.

I think Melbourne viewers warm to Peter Mitchell but I think the connection to Peter Hitchener has just gotten stronger over the years.

8 Likes

Peter Mitchell as a presenter is boring AF to watch, no personality. Hitch can deliver serious news and have personality when he wants. I don’t get why HSV persists tbh.

7 Likes

Seven News Perth reporter Amelia Broun has flown to South Africa to report on the cricket ball tampering scandal. She was at the press conference at the Wanderers in Johannesburg where Darren Lehmann announced he would resign as Australian coach at the end of this week’s test against South Africa.

2 Likes

Amelia on Sunrise this morning

3 Likes

Disagree, Hitchener is well past his best news reading days and has become a caricature of himself. Giggling his way through bulletins and trying too hard to be funny. Mitchellis heading in a similar direction. Perhaps focus groups tell them that’s what viewers want. I just want news and clear diction.

2 Likes

What happened to Robert Ovadia? Why is he not still there anymore? Did he have to come back to Sydney for some reason?

He was on the same flight as Steve Smith back to Sydney.

2 Likes

Jacqueline Felgate presenting the midday news in Melbourne, branded a special edition of Afternoon News.

3 Likes

Matt Carmichael presented sport in the national morning news this morning and Sydney’s 4PM and 6PM news tonight. Angie Asimus was absent from presenting the weather so Sally read the weather.

1 Like