Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

From News Update

!

8 Likes

SD link. Much prefer Nine’s shot.

I don’t think I’ve ever made an observation along those lines. I don’t like how Mark never files a report though.

From what I saw of tonight’s bulletin it was pretty well done. Mark had done a lot today, interviews, in the air etc. It was a polished program. The absence of a proper closer was disappointing though.

1 Like

Was HD. Updates are always SD.

1 Like

Watching both Seven and Nine News side-by-side tonight, I couldn’t help but notice that Fergo did alot of the reporting/interviewing himself whereas Nine used multiple reporters (e.g. the chopper flyover - Fergo on 7 and Peter Stefanovic on 9). Whether this was an editorial decision or not I don’t know, but it did serve to highlight Fergo’s strengths as an on-the-road reporter.

He also had a more in-depth interview with the PM:

And an interview with NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian, which Nine lacked:

Overall, IMO, Seven’s coverage tonight was superior to Nine’s. It just felt alot more planned out and organised.
Tragic the circumstances though, of course.

12 Likes

You said you, referring to me. That is incorrect. The correct answer is you.

3 Likes

Jim Wilson is presenting sport in Sydney’s 6PM news tonight.

4 Likes

League legend Mark ‘MG’ Geyer joins Seven News

NRL legend Mark ‘MG’ Geyer will tonight present his first report for Seven News, live at 6.00.

He brings decades of knowledge and experience to the role, as he joins fellow NRL legend Brett Kimmorley as a Seven News Rugby League contributor.

Geyer said: “After working with the team on the recent Rugby League World Cup, I am excited to extend my role as a regular contributor to the Seven News sports team.”

Post his distinguished football career, Geyer has spent almost a decade in radio, his current role as host of Triple M’s Rush Hour and NRL coverage.

Sydney’s Seven News Director, Jason Morrison, said: “MG is a Penrith legend, authentically proud of his team and where he’s from. He’s represented Australia, NSW and his home town and never does anything by halves. I love his passion for the game and for Sydney’s west. He’s a great analyst of Rugby League will be a key part of the Seven News coverage of NRL this year.”

Seven News Sports Editor, Jim Wilson, added: “MG loves footy and has genuine respect in the game. Tough, uncompromising as a player and calls it the way it is as a commentator. I reckon he’s the unofficial Mayor of Penrith and we couldn’t be more excited to have him on board with the Seven News team.”

The League champion and a star second-rower last played for the Penrith Panthers before retiring at the end of the 2000 NRL season. He also played for the Balmain Tigers and the Western Reds, and was a member of the President’s XIII side that defeated Great Britain in 1988. He represented NSW in the State of Origin, City and the Kangaroos including in the 1991 World Cup.

In 2013, Geyer received an Order of Australia medal for service to the sport of Rugby League football, and to the community through a range of charitable organisations.

6 Likes

Chris Reason presenting Sydney 4pm news.

3 Likes

Chris also presented the Morning News today.

3 Likes

Sydney presenters appearing at 7 News Easter Show arena from 11.30am until 1pm tomorrow.

6 Likes

If they lived in Sydney, I’m sure Antonio & Mitch would be up for that! :wink:

6 Likes

I’m sure @antonio1987 would love a photo taken sitting on Fergo’s lap.:joy:

7 Likes

You’re probably not wrong there!!

I might head down and ask Mel out for a drink…

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Laura Dymock is presenting Brisbane’s weather this Saturday.

2 Likes

Alex Hart presented special coverage of the Cricket Australia press conference just after Midday AEDT today.

With the sport in Australia in crisis, James Sutherland addressed the media.

Alex was in front of the newsroom backdrop.

4 Likes

Got a feeling Mel would enjoy a cold beer and steak & chips at the local pub…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

At the Easter Show today

5 Likes

Pretty funny that Mark is on the 2nd podium, Reflects his ratings.

9 Likes