Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Jeff Newman for years was perth weather presenter then for a few years he presented 7 news with Rick and Sue

Jeff never presented News AFAIK?? Only ever weather…

1 Like

Sorry to disappoint you mate but jeff did present 7 news 100%

When? maybe it was before my time as i only ever saw him presenting weather.

2 Likes

Grant Woodhams was poached from abc to present weather when jeff join Rick and Sue this happen in the late 80s
Strange I can’t find a video of jeff presenting the news

1 Like

Yeah he did present News first, but it wasn’t as widely known in his career compared to the other stuff he did. He then spent 8 Years on weather.

1 Like

Sorry if this has been mentioned already - but with Amanda Abate co-anchoring weeknight Gold Coast bulletins with Rod Young, who is reading the weekend editions? I noticed she did a live cross from the Commonwealth Games village for the state bulletin tonight.

1 Like

The weekend edition was cancelled when she started cohosting with Rod.

3 Likes

I personally thought the weekend editions of Seven Gold Coast News were quietly cancelled a little before the network announced that they were paring Amanda together with Rod on weeknights.

3 Likes

Not 100 percent sure. All I know is that it certainly isn’t running now :stuck_out_tongue:

Laura Dymock presented Brisbane’s weather this Sunday.

3 Likes

Pretty sure the weekend edition was axed in late-2017. Amanda presented weeknights over the summer then had a few weeks break before they launched the double header in February.

3 Likes

I would expect Mark Ferguson to be presenting tonight’s news from Tathra!

3 Likes

Mark will be live from Tathra tonight for a special edition of 7 News.

2 Likes

Probably the first time Mark Ferguson has presented a Sydney 6pm news bulletin on location since May 2016 when he and Mel McLaughlin were at Bankstown Sports due to the “Go West” awards that night?

If that original comment was intended as a joke since Seven News Sydney rarely venture out of their studios to present on-location bulletins; it looks like the laughs are on you now @NewsKing!!

And probably the first time Mark Ferguson has appeared outside the studio, covering a major news event on-location since the Collaroy beach erosion in 2016 as a result of the major storm there. I’m certain he was there on-location for a while, I can’t remember if it was just for the afternoon updates or he also presented the bulletin from there. I actually do seem to recall him going back and presenting the actual bulletin from the studio but I am certain he filed reports and did afternoon updates from Collaroy.

Why would that be a joke?

It was an expectation.

1 Like

Of course it’s an expectation but I know how some of you like to make fun of Seven News Sydney since the presenters seem to rarely leave the studios when we know they should be for major news events like this. It has now been proven as we’ve seen that Mark will be there.

So who am I meant to be laughing at?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/975587170470608896
https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/975615602273521664
https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/975618865437671425

5 Likes