Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I dunno why they dumped Bill. This certainly is no better.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a bit like when mum went shopping and brought home Pauls vanilla ice cream instead of Streets because Woolies were selling it a bit cheaper. Neither are particularly memorable or outstanding newsreaders itā€™s just that Bill has greater name recognition and was a bit more expensive.

8 Likes

Rick doing 4pm news in perth today

2 Likes

Gosh its hard to watch 7 News Perth with all those new reporters :grimacing: Combine with Thommo unwatchable on 9 News - whatā€™s a news junkie to do?? :thinking:

1 Like

Watch Nerelda?

4 Likes

I think he means what news to watch at 6 if both 9 and 7 are unbearable

my answer would be ABC News

1 Like

Obviously I know that.

If ABC at 7 is your answer, then Ten at 5 is mine.

1 Like

That wasnā€™t my point. My point being

5pm TEN
6pm ABC News: Evenings
6:30 SBS World News
7pm ABC News: WA

Those new reporters have all been at 7 for over a year

Well aware of that. Doesnā€™t mean they are (getting) any good.

1 Like

As I have said before on here, its Chris Meldrum and Joey Catanzaro who definitely need some work.

On another note, Seven Perth Reporter Jessica Page is reporting nationally from the Canberra Bureau this week.

2 Likes

I Totally agree with you on Chris Meldrum,Iā€™m not sure if more work will help him

Basil Zempilas is presenting 4.pm news today
Not sure if baz has presented news before

4 Likes

Why are they trying to convert Basil over from sport to news? Just no!! He should stay in the sports area, I canā€™t take him seriously in these news roles.

1 Like

Who cares? If he does a decent job then thereā€™s nothing wrong with doing both news and sports. Many newsreaders around Australia are very versatile and can adapt to both (Matt White instantly comes into mind).

8 Likes

Then thereā€™s also Tim Webster, Geoff Phillips and even Bill McDonald were all once sport casters

6 Likes

Donā€™t forget Peter Overton.

3 Likes

Bill Woods, Brad McEwan, Peter Overton (As TFTV mentioned) have also all presented sports and news before.

5 Likes

And while we are at it lol, Michael Thomson

10 Likes

Of course there are also plenty of talented weather presenters (not necessarily meteorologists) who are also very versatile and can also present news.

Just saying, people who read the news doesnā€™t have to necessarily be solely from a news background. A lot of great anchors came from different background in journalism or media (the late Brian Naylor who used to present on Seven also presented kids shows on the network, and Jessica Rowe who used to present news on Weekend Sunrise and at Ten News was originally a receptionist).

5 Likes