Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I haven’t watched recently, but there must be some freelancers working (filling in)??

1 Like

Jim Wilson back presenting sport in national morning news this morning and Sydney’s afternoon news this afternoon as well as presenting sport at 6PM this week.

1 Like

Why am I only finding out now that Laurel Irving has been posted to the UK, just saw her on the Morning News with Ann Sanders saying “Europe Correspondent”.

Good selection, she’s been around a long time, used to be at Ten before Black Saturday was one of her earliest coverage at Seven.

She’s been used for everything in recent times, so execs obviously see something good in her too.

So who’s gone - Hugh Whitfeld or Cath Turner?

Laurel has replaced Cath Turner who has left the network

1 Like

Amelia Brace posted she’s “arrived home” (yesterday) on her social media.

Interesting? Given Seven’s US Bureau is understaffed at the moment (with Mike Amor on leave, though Blake Johnson is filling-in).

Not really, at the moment there are two…

Blake Johnson is in Las Angeles (just returned from Vegas) and Ashlee Mullany is in Washington. She just did a live cross this morning on Sunrise.

1 Like

Cath Turner. I believe there were posts further up this page regarding this. I think Laurel began a week or so ago.

1 Like

Las Angeles Bureau (North America)

Mike Amore (Head Bureau Chief)
Ashlee Mullany - Correspondent 1
Amelia Brace - Correspondent 2

London Bureau (Europe)

Hugh Whitfeld (Head Bureau Chief)
Laurel Irving Correspondent 1
Ben Lewis - Freelance

Since Today Tonight was axed on the East Coast Seven have increased their Correspondences in both bureaus.

3 Likes

Thank you BJT for the elaborate detailing of Seven’s foregin correspondents, but I am aware.

I had just been out of the loop a bit and wasn’t aware about Cath Turner. It appears her social media hasn’t been used in a year and hence her profile unchanged.

Also, my last post was wondering about Amelia. Maybe she’s taken holidays? Did she work over December / January?

1 Like

I would assume she has returned home for a holiday.

1 Like

She posted 10 photos on Instagram of her time at Seven on her last day, 29th Dec 2017. She’s off to London.

2 Likes

I thought she was already in London. Oh boy, where have I been

3 Likes

Cath said on her social media in December that she was moving to Los Angeles.

Today marks 30 years since Peter Mitchell started working for Seven News Melbourne. He posted on Instagram a publicity shot of himself and Mark Beretta on the news set when they were working together in the 90s (I believe?).

6 Likes

Congrats to Mitch on this career milestone.
Mark Beretta joined Seven in 1995 and was the Melbourne weekend sports presenter at one stage.

1 Like

I’m guessing this is Amelia’s first holiday back home since joining the US Bureau in April last year.

1 Like

11 Likes

Emily Angwin presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne today.

9 Likes

Tim Watson congratulated Mitch on becoming a grandfather for the fourth time this week and for 30 years at Channel Seven on tonight’s bulletin.

11 Likes

Well done Peter on 30 years.

7 Likes