Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

When the halo effect of the tennis final has dissipated and ratings return to normal, would you be willing to admit viewers sampled the product and decided they preferred Nine’s offering?

Seven News has the odd win in the Sydney ratings but Ferguson clearly doesn’t have the appeal or pulling power to hold on to those viewers.

4 Likes

Seven News last night at 6pm rated stronger than Nine News. Just reminding you that this was hosted by Mark Ferguson and this was also at 6pm.

1 Like

It appears you guys are all very well versed on Mark Ferguson’s presenting style, even to the more finer details. I smell avid viewers of Seven News with Mark Ferguson on this forum. Thank you for helping him rate guys. He appreciates your viewing support. @MBB @SydneyCityTV @NewsWeary @Tom_TV7

1 Like

I don’t see the Sydney bulletin, and you’ve yet to answer my question… diversion means an admission of “spin”

And you don’t have any idea how OzTAM ratings work they aren’t accurate. It is a guide and mostly averages … 28,000 people could actually be 2 people that have a OzTAM box equating to that figure.

3 Likes

I’m more than sure you contribute to the ratings of the Seven News Sydney bulletin at 6 via it’s online platform, so again, thank you. He really isn’t that bad hey? The content has also gone a full 180 and really increased in quality the last few years. Viewers are realising this too.

1 Like

You can’t watch it on the “online platform” if you are interstate.
And those figures aren’t added to the overnight ratings that you quote either. It’s a seperate measurement.

2 Likes

Yes you can and I am sure you have. It’s appreciated, it really is. I watch Seven News Sydney via another state just like you do. I work in Victoria and again, like you, I regularly tune in to the Sydney bulletin online.

Exactly. As I’ve said before, Mark Ferguson would probably be a great newsreader for a daytime bulletin (like what Fergo did during much of his time at Nine) or a rolling news channel.

But at 6pm, I think Sydney viewers mostly want to see newsreaders in the mould of Brian Henderson, Roger Climpson, Ian Ross and yes, Peter Overton. Perhaps Michael Usher has the potential to become one of those much loved Sydney newsreaders, but Mark Ferguson is more like a modern day Ross Symonds.

I could probably count on one hand the number of full Seven News Sydney bulletins I’ve properly watched in recent months.

Also I’m 99% sure that none of Media Spy’s Sydney correspondents are or have ever been part of the OzTam ratings family.

Then how do you explain me being able to watch Sydney’s news live online for the past several years when I live in Perth?

1 Like

Unsure of what link you’re using but on the app you can’t choose what live steam to watch, it uses your location

Best place to start would be the Seven News Website. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Love your work Mitchell. You’re on the ball. :+1:

The app is a more stable stream and provides a better player than the website. It doesn’t load on all devices and that link isn’t metered “ratings wise” it can’t be measured. So to my point, it doesn’t count toward Sydney viewers. The app views do - and I have no desire to watch an interstate bulletin that isn’t relevant to me. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the link.

You may need to contact your internet service provider or get your data connection checked out pronto because the stream of Seven News Sydney is perfect via my desktop / laptop and tablet and via the Seven News website.

The app on my phone does the exact same thing and is more reliable than a webpage, don’t need to bookmark a link and once again no desire to watch Sydney. But thanks for your concern.
To bring you into 2018, link is below for the live stream of all channels, on demand on 7 plus - you’ll be wet in ya pants @antonio1987

Have a nice night :slight_smile:

Now back to the presenters forum topic, great to see Laurel Irving and Blake Johnson in Europe and LA.
Has Angela Cox been on any national bulletins this week or is she on a well deserved break?

Love the 7 plus App - thank you so much for referring me. Unfortunately I work and can’t watch news on the go with my phone wherever I am. It’s tough for me @MBB but thank you.

No…I thank YOU. Thank you for contributing to Seven News Sydney’s ratings the way you are. You’re knowledge of presenters and Mark Ferguson, their style, what you like about them and the slightest critiques you present are a clear giveaway of a ‘closeted’ fan or at the very least a regular un-admitting viewer

I like you, I enjoy the presenters on that network. I appreciate Angela Cox also. Yes, you’ll see her back on our screens in February.

The childish trolling needs to stop. Now. You’re free to express well reasoned views that support a particular personality or program but this type of language suggests to me you’re looking to get a reaction. It won’t be tolerated.

17 Likes

I see Michael Scanlan is in South Korea for the Winter Olympics.

With Blake Johnson in Los Angeles, Melbourne are currently short on two experienced senior reports.

4 Likes

Three, with Laurel Irving now working in London as Europe correspondent.

3 Likes