Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Yep. Michael Usher on weeknights, Matt Doran on weekends would make a very strong line-up. Bring Jim back to weeknights and move Mel M to weekends.

1 Like

I wonder why Michael is doing Weekend Sunrise this weekend but not Seven News? If heā€™s meant to be doing both why isnā€™t he doing it now?

2 Likes

Itā€™s a bit like Lester Holt who hosted the weekend nightly news and weekend Today.

Donā€™t try to make this about my favouritism of Seven!! Iā€™m simply trying to correct @AustralianAerial and the 10 other people who also seem to be confused about what Iā€™m trying to say when I was originally trying to speak on behalf of what I genuinely thought was most peopleā€™s opinion of him in this forum. And according to @OnAir

So Iā€™m likely not the only person that likes Robertā€™s presenting. Believe me, there are plenty of things I donā€™t like about Seven that need working on too, itā€™s just that the things I do like about them much outweigh the bad.

Thereā€™s your problem. The idea of a healthy forum is a difference of opinion and ideas. We want to hear your opinions and ideas, not what you think we want to hear.

14 Likes

The national 5PM news has returned on Saturday & Angie Asimus is back presenting it (Iā€™m not sure if she was presenting it in the summer period or not).

Note that there will be no national 5PM news on Sunday due to tennis coverage starting from 4:00 PM AEDT.

1 Like

Not national on sat either not in Perth tennis coverage is on from 3.30

Well, I mean the 5PM news that is designed to be national, whether or not all markets can receive it due to live sporting commitments is a completely different matter.

Amelia Broun presenting on Saturday in Perth this weekend. Saturday news started at 9:45 PM immediately following menā€™s doubles final match but before their presentations.

Paula Voce presenting on Sunday in Perth this weekend. Sunday news started at 8:06 PM immediately following menā€™s singles final presentations before Roger went to speak to Hamish.

1 Like

Ann Sanders is back presenting Sydneyā€™s afternoon news today and the national morning news from tomorrow.

2 Likes

Jacqueline Felgate is back presenting Melbourne Afternoon News this week.

7 Likes

I actually think this is a good move. Seven will probably find that Sunday will be Peterā€™s best performing night, because he isnā€™t against Hitch on Nine.

I doubt Seven will win, but I think the gap will be closer (unfortunate because I think Jen is a much more capable anchor).

5 Likes

Although if Seven News Melbourne successfully manages to lift the ratings on Sunday nights with Peter Mitchell at the helm, Iā€™d be very surprised if Nine didnā€™t very quickly react by changing their presenter roster to have Hitch presenting the news on Sunday-Thursday and Loxley on Friday/Saturday.

6 Likes

Matt Carmichael presenting sport in national morning news on Tuesday & Friday this week.

Seven News Sydney with Mark Ferguson, Monday 29th Jan - 276,000
Nine News Sydney with Peter Overton, Monday 29th Jan - 247,000

With those numbers for Seven News on a clear ratings night, the presenter on Seven News is clearly not that bad.

2 Likes

Tell me that when Seven News has numbers like that for the next 21 weeks.

4 Likes

For 29,000 more Sydneysiders to choose to watch Seven News over Nine News on one of the biggest ratings nights, the point I make is that the presenter on Seven is surely not as ā€˜hopelessā€™ as most forum goers claim him to be. Just ask Sydney

1 Like

If the OzTam ratings system is anything, it shows that Sydneysiders obviously like Peter Overton and Deborah Knight more than Mark Ferguson and the ratings prove that. You canā€™t just use a dayā€™s worth of ratings to say that he isnā€™t a bad anchor. What about all the nights he lost?

3 Likes

My post signifies that he is not an incompetent presenter as everyone here claims. Well, obviously not as more people have tuned in to see him on a Monday ratings night rather than Nine News. Iā€™m also not claiming that heā€™s number 1. My point that the gross dislike for him here and the constant mocking of his ā€˜new manā€™ worthiness isā€¦well wrong and definitely unsupported.

1 Like

How many times do we have to say this? He isnā€™t completely incompetent, just that he is incompetent in his role as the 6pm news anchor.

1 Like