Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Yep

Robert Ovadia presenting in Sydney on Friday & Saturday again this week.

2 Likes

Geez, another Friday/Saturday of the “Ovadia vs Burrows” battle for Sydney’s 6pm news.

Exactly what do the Sydney news directors at Seven and Nine see in those two as newsreaders? :confused:

3 Likes

I really feel for Sydneysiders, having to put up with Rob’s terrible presenting skills for yet another weekend…

1 Like

or they can just not watch

4 Likes

Didn’t I hear right on this forum a few weeks back that his competition on Nine, Mark Burrows, is not much better? So they would be suffering either way, hence my comment, if they want to see news…

Always good to remember that the views of Media Spy members do not reflect those of the average viewer. There’s unlikely to be big ratings drops because Robbo or Burro are at the desk.

8 Likes

Yeah I know. Personally, I actually like Robert and how he presents but I know a lot of people on this forum have bagged him before, which is what my comment is supposed to reflect. Sorry if it came out wrong.

1 Like

No, not at all.

4 Likes

He did a report on dog viruses from the US tonight.

1 Like

Seven News Perth (26/1/2018) - Susannah Carr presenting from Studio, Rick Ardon Live from Kings Park.

3 Likes

CONFIRMED: Michael Usher will continue to anchor Sydney’s weekend news, despite his rumoured newly appointed position as Weekend Sunrise host.

It starts in the coming weeks.

7 Likes

Well that was quick…

4 Likes

I see we have the first nominee for the 2018 Media Spy Award for Fastest Backtrack

13 Likes

Has the Friday thing actually been confirmed? Kochie hosted yesterday.

2 Likes

Thank goodness for that. Being a fill-in is one thing but Robert Ovadia as a regular Friday/Saturday newsreader would be a new low for Sydney TV news.

Still think that Usher should be the main Sunday-Thursday presenter of Seven News Sydney though.

5 Likes

Probably because it was Australia Day. I think Seven would have wanted him there for that, at least for this year before he disappears on Fridays…

I always HAVE liked Robert’s presenting style!! I was referring to how most of you in the MediaSpy community think that he has terrible presenting skills. I have seen numerous posts in the past about this, hence my comment.

Someone edited Michael’s Wikipedia a few weeks ago around the same time we were discussing Michael maybe doing Friday -Sunday on Sunrise, so that could have been done by a Media Spy member,that’s not the first time this has occurred.

3 Likes

Is there anything you don’t like on Seven?