Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

For the last two years, Mark Ferguson has continued to present Seven News Sydney on Sunday-Thursday until just before Christmas.

If he’s really gone on holidays after tonight, then that’s certainly rather interesting…

4 Likes

I can confirm that he is now on holidays. He said an official farewell at the end of the news tonight.

2 Likes

2013 and 2014 he went off around this time though didn’t he? He was away in Hawaii for the siege. Probably just depends on his family holiday plans rather than anything else.

5 Likes

Ive noticed Jennifer Keyte, Peter Mitchell and Tim Watson have started up Instagram accounts in the last month. Peter Hitcherner has roughly 50,000 followers.

5 Likes

They’ve got a long way to go! :stuck_out_tongue:
Hitch is also very active on Facebook and Snapchat.

3 Likes

I do think its a push to gain a younger following. We’re also seeing younger presenters such as Blake Johnson and Emily Angwin being promoted more.

3 Likes

Hitch has nearly 71,000 followers on twitter and Mitch has only about 5,600 followers
Hitch has really embraced social media even that night a few months ago when they had technical difficulties during the bulletin he was keeping viewers informed on twitter .

4 Likes

Yes, I think Seven has clued onto this.
Even Jo Hall has 15k followers on her Instagram.

Jim Wilson is now also on holidays after today.

2 Likes

Well Michael Usher is still presenting tonight in Sydney; I didn’t think he would be since surely he would be taking Mark’s spot on Sunday-Thursdays now too while he is on holidays? Is this going to be another situation where we will see Michael presenting for several weeks straight without any breaks. This is clearly not including Christmas Day though where will likely see Angela Cox or dare I say Robert Ovadia presenting again.

Personally, I think we’ll probably see either Angela Cox or Chris Reason present Sydney’s Christmas Day/Night bulletin.

:face_vomiting:

After the inappropriate banter when he filled in that on that Saturday night during September, I personally hope Robert Ovadia will never present a news bulletin again.

2 Likes

When is his contract expiring? If his wife Chris Bath ends up at Ten, could he follow?

How about how much people his been following…

His like a bot when it comes to that!

What inappropriate banter? I think I may have missed this.

What did he say?

1 Like

Basically, Ovadia transitioned from news about North Korea to Sport with something among the lines of “Jim Wilson’s always begging for war, he joins us now with Sport”.

Many Sydneysiders probably missed that one since it was one of the bulletins that aired later due to the AFL Finals coverage, but I think very many would’ve complained if a similar comment was made by Fergo, Usher, Pete or GG.

3 Likes

Oh right, you’re speaking of that half hour bulletin he presented at one stage after an AFL Final that Sydney or GWS Giants were in. Yeah that was slightly uncalled for, connecting war with Jim Wilson. Still, I do find his presenting style rather funny, it’s good for a laugh once in a while :joy:

Can’t stand him, I was appalled when he said that. His twitter account is already an instant headache with him lashing back with uncalled for tweets sometimes.

And do what?
Ten has one bulletin a day and a sports presenter who does just fine.

Obviously, it would be to do with any expansion plans under the new ownership.