Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Jennifer Keyte presenting tonight in Melbourne it would seem

5 Likes

Have all the presenters in Perth lost their marbles and haven’t checked the date today? Remembrance Day is tomorrow, NOT today so why were they all wearing red poppies today while no other presenters in Australia that I’m aware of were?

Probably for the same reason poppies were being sold in the city today. As long as the cause is being recognised what’s the problem?

9 Likes

For starters, it’s traditional in some parts of the world to wear a poppy for the full week leading up to Remembrance Day. There are no strict rules or protocols that one has to follow if they simply wish to show their respects.

And secondly, Rick and Sue won’t be on air tomorrow so I’d suggest they are simply acknowledging the day and paying their respects in the most appropriate way they can. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and quite frankly I think your post is disrespectful to the spirit of what they are doing.

18 Likes

Um…my school had people wearing poppies today. Fot all we might know they might want to show their respect on-air today since they’re not presenting tomorrow. What’s your problem?

7 Likes

Lots of people wearing them today around Melbourne.

6 Likes

Focus on those exams, not MediaSpy young man! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

And not just for humans, too. From BBC’s The One Show last year:
3A2C20D900000578-0-image-m-8_1478604632290

6 Likes

“P is for Poppy, that’s good enough for meee…”

5 Likes

Whenever Remembrance Day falls on a weekend (like the case is this year and next), many people including trusted weeknight newsreaders will show their respect on the day before/after because they aren’t able to on the day itself.

4 Likes

I suppose I didn’t realise that when I said that no other presenters in Australia that I was aware of were wearing them, I was mainly referring to Michael & Jen, both of which will be presenting again tonight on the actual day so I expect them to be wearing the poppies today. Mind you, even though I did not check Brisbane & Adelaide’s presenters yesterday when I made this statement, I did now and they weren’t wearing poppies either, even though NONE of them will be presenting today. Are you trying to have a dig at them, saying they aren’t trusted weeknight presenters because it certainly sounds like it!!! Plus Mark nor Mitch were wearing red poppies the last time they were seen before Remembrance Day. So seems like it is another weird thing that only Perth does, like with their horrible virtual set and presentation most of the time…

Dude you are out of control.

No one is having a ‘dig’ at any News presenters. Its all about your beyond ridiculous statements you continually make.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t refer to the presenters of Seven News Perth as “trusted weeknight newsreaders” if I was trying to have a dig at them!

Most (if not all) newsreaders on roster to present bulletins tonight will probably be wearing red poppies, but I don’t really care whether or not they do in any case.

2 Likes

Why are you getting so defensive? Sounds to me like

people do?

1 Like

Why do they have to wear poppies on their last day on-air this week? There isn’t a law saying you have to wear a poppy on the last day you are on-air so why are you even bothering?

1 Like

I am going to these lengths to prove that I am right in what I am saying and you all are wrong but you just can’t see it, clearly. There’s no consistency here, @SydneyCityTV is saying one thing that weeknight presenters want to wear them as a sign of respect and @Tom_TV7 is asking why they have to. But lets move on now please, I was just concerned as to why the Perth presenters seemingly got the date wrong.

Are Seven News’ national late night updates with a consistent presenter (Paul Kadak via Sydney)? Or rotating presenters?

Also noticed they put a national sport update on 7mate.

Weekends is also different again.

2 Likes

Michael Felgate is presenting sport in Melbourne again this weekend.

3 Likes

Movember?

5 Likes

Yes it is. Paul did mention about it on one night.

2 Likes