Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Melbourne never use to have them… but when the 1 hour editions were brought in, both 9 and 7 incorporated a weekend weather presenter.

Saturday (28.10.2017): Katrina Blowers is anchoring in Queensland.

2 Likes

Before introducing weekend weather presenters a few years ago (IIRC, Seven Sydney was first with a weekend weather presenter before Nine followed suit), both Seven and Nine here in Sydney had the weather read out by whoever presented the news that night.

Historically though, I think Seven might’ve had weekend weather presenters during the Late '90s (and maybe also the Early 2000s, pre-Roscoe?). This of course being the period in time when Seven’s Sydney news service was struggling in the ratings and did pretty much anything they could to get the masses away from Nine.

Nine Sydney on the other hand…I think for many years they just had that night’s news presenter reading out the weather on the weekends up until fairly recently.

Perhaps someone with a more vivid memory of the Sydney TV news landscape back in the Late '90s/Early 2000s can clear things up. I was quite young back then, so not paying nearly as much attention to the local news/media landscape as I am now! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah because there is no point, the Perth weather segment only goes for 35 seconds (weekday and weekends) compared to 2 mins+ in Sydney/Melb/Brisbane

1 Like

Rob Gell used to present the weekend weather on Seven News Melbourne from 2004 until 2009.

4 Likes

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seven News Content and Appearance

Kay McGrath should be back presenting tonight in Queensland; she is doing a ‘Breaking News’ update now about the Queensland state election.

2 Likes

Probably had the night off to be ready for today

Robert Ovadia presenting 5pm news.

4 Likes

Is Gemma Acton a new financial reporter for Seven News? I’ve not seen her before and she did a financial related report on the news tonight.

2 Likes

Yes, she joined the network a couple of days ago as a new finance/business reporter for the network.

Prior to that, she was a reporter with CNBC International.

3 Likes

Looking at twitter she joined Martin Place newsroom October 31,reporting on finance /business.

2 Likes

Ah right!! I’ve not actually seen the news in full for a few days so I haven’t seen her until now. She seems alright but has some sort of accent, I can’t pick what.

Sounds more British than anything.

Yeah I think that’s it. I haven’t seen many reporters with accents like this on the news, well Seven’s at least, which is why it was quit noticeable to me.

Michael Felgate presenting sport in Melbourne this weekend.

Melina Sarris returned from holidays this week and is back to her regular role presenting Saturday weather in Melbourne.

5 Likes

Mark Mooney is presenting in Adelaide tonight

2 Likes

Sean Sowerby is presenting sport in Melbourne this week.

5 Likes

Michelle Bishop presented the sport on the Early News today. Not sure if it is permanent.

Thanks @ScreenTower

7 Likes

Jodie read sports this morning so it was just for Melbourne Cup Day.

3 Likes