Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

It appears as though Musher is coming over to Perth for Telethon this weekend, would you believe!! Clearly this is because he is originally from WA. Who does this mean we would expect to be presenting Sydney’s news this weekend then?

3 Likes

I suppose it’s good that Michael Usher is going over to Perth for the Telethon, but I do wonder if many viewers over there would be familiar with him.

Probably Chris Reason or (hopefully not!) Robert Ovadia would be my guess.

4 Likes

Hopefully Ann Sanders but could be Chris Reason or Angie Asimus

5 Likes

That’s what I was wondering when I saw it on Telethon’s Facebook page just before. He hosted Murder Uncovered and he anchored all the rolling news coverage from the terror attacks etc and has filled in on Sunrise recently but none of them are too major a role from Perth’s perspective. His major role is of course presenting Sydney’s news on Fridays & Saturdays which Perth doesn’t see. Well, I do even though I live in Perth since I watch it most days on 7Live when I get the chance so it is almost like he subconsiously knows this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Sarah Cumming is also coming over for Telethon. The talent don’t necessarily need to be ‘well known’ in WA to support the Telethon.

3 Likes

up until he moved to 7 he was a regular on Perth screen through all his roles at 9.

2 Likes

He could just present from Perth.

Surely news takes precedent over the telethon??

They probably won’t but I really want them to, just to see how Sydney would adapt to the virtual set

1 Like

Has he ever done this before though whenever he’s been away from Sydney? I don’t think so and besides he would probably be busy with Telethon duties that celebrities attend to around 3:00 AWST when the news would be starting in Sydney. Mind you it would be amusing to see how Seven Sydney would go about adapting to the horrific virtual set in Perth in the unlikely scenario that this happens. Even if he was to present from Perth, I highly doubt they would be stupid enough to use that set; they would do what they did like that time Mark presented from Bankstown and stick a green screen behind Musher and use Jim & Angie back in the Martin Place studio for sport and weather.

As it’s a virtual set, they could easily change the background to match Sydney’s usual look. Only the desk would be different and that could be hidden using tighter shots.

Its one weekend. Is it really that much of an issue if someone else reads the ‘weekend’ news?

4 Likes

I think you’ve forgotten he was part of the 60 Mins team for years, among others things. Perth viewers would be very familiar with him.

A lot of networks change a lot of journos.

Only the lucky few will stay with the same company forever.

Look at Ten News Melbourne, every journo who was there 7-8 years ago, is now gone (bar Rob Waters and Nicole Strahan)!

Matt Carmichael presenting sport in Friday national morning news as well

2 Likes

Chris Reason presenting in Sydney on Friday & Saturday this week. Beretts is presenting sport too

3 Likes

And just introduced his own story!

I just saw this too. It’s not like this sort of thing hasn’t happened before where a news presenter introduces a story/report of their own, especially if they are normally a reporter like Chris Reason & Nick McCallum when he presents in Melbourne…

1 Like

Jane Bunn and Nine’s Livinia Nixon both presented weather from Caulfield Racecourse this evening. And they both wore the same dress!

12 Likes

Was Mike Larkin at the races in the same dress too? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Jane Doyle returned last night, solo, with John still away.

2 Likes