Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Sounds like quite the exodus happening at Martin Place recently - wonder why?

2 Likes

Toxic work culture?

All workplaces going through certain periods of high turnover of staff, 7’s is just a little more public than most.

2 Likes

Matt Carmichael presented sport on Morning News today.

2 Likes

I agree with what @killy06 said about turnovers. I also think that most of the staff at Seven Sydney probably also left because of the state of the current bulletin, which IMO, isn’t great.

3 Likes

As he has done for the last several Mondays…

1 Like

Rick Ardon presenting 4pm news today

2 Likes

Some great reporting by US correspondent Ashlee Mullany on the Las Vegas shooting. She (and her cameraman, Duncan McCloud) was staying in the same hotel as the gunman (Mandalay Bay Hotel) and was woken by the gunfire and had to evacuate, so she really provided some in-depth and first hand reports on what it was like, while also live crossing to 7 News Sydney via Skype on her phone, and recording PTCs and vox pops — including the Australian staying in the room next to the shooter — right throughout the early morning.

She had been in Las Vegas covering the release of O.J Simpson.
Nine News didn’t intially have anyone on the ground in Vegas, only Lizzie Pearl in the LA bureau.

All together made for some extraordinary coverage.

Also, does anyone know if Mike Amor has returned to the US? He was at the AFL GF on Saturday which only leaves Ashlee Mullany and Amelia Brace in the US bureau?

8 Likes

Blake Johnson is presenting Melbourne Afternoon News today, Jacqueline Felgate returned from sick leave yesterday and is taking annual leave day off today.

3 Likes

Reporter Natasha Squarey is now in the United States to cover part of the shooting in Las Vegas

2 Likes

Blake seems to be added to the team now… moving up the ladder.

12 Likes

Jane Doyle presenting Seven News Adelaide solo this week as John Riddell is on holidays.

(3/10/2017) Gertie Spurling is presenting weather in Adelaide while Mike Smithson is filling in for a sick Rosanna Mangiarelli on Today Tonight.

5 Likes

StIl Believe Blake will return to Perth to front Perth’s news in time

1 Like

Why would he with the state Perth’s news is in at the moment. I think he is better off in Melbourne presenting their news from time to time where he is being fully utilised and at a newsroom that is much better structured.

Same. I think Seven sent him to Melbourne to boost his national profile and improve his presenting skills. Then, when Rick and Sue retire, Angela Tsun and Johnson will front the 6pm News.

3 Likes

I can actually see him moving to LA or London reporting for Seven.

2 Likes

And Nick McCallum has been removed from the team line up.

3 Likes

Ryan Phelan presented sport on Morning News today.
Busy day for Ryan after presenting sport on Sunrise and reading news updates on TMS and TDE.

2 Likes

I suppose you will find out this afternoon as it is Wednesday today! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sarah Cumming’s husband Stuart Dew has just been announced as the new coach of Gold Coast Suns. As a result i’d expect that she and the family would move to Queensland.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/stuart-dew-signs-on-as-gold-coast-suns-head-coach-for-2018/news-story/45e447382d10d0ad66d8e626bdbd051d

10 Likes

If Sarah Cumming moved to Queensland, it’d be great if she was able to get a better on-air role up there (presuming that she were to stay in TV/media, of course) than presenting news on The Daily Edition or whatever her current role here in Sydney is!

10 Likes