Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Another. New. Reporter. In. Perth. Who… Talks. Like… This. When. Reading… His. Report…

Im all for new talent but where are 7 Perth finding these people?

Probably from Ayr, near Townsville.

2 Likes

So true though, Joey Catanzaro who speaks quite slow is from CCTV News in China, Chris Meldrum used to work at the ABC and Rory Campbell is from Fox Sports News. Personally I think think they need more practise because majority of the reports are actually coming from them now… hence why they should be moved to Sunrise Perth News

1 Like

Matt Carmichael presenting sport in Monday morning news again this week.

Blake Johnson presenting Melbourne Afternoon News this week.

5 Likes

Jane Bunn presenting weather on 4pm & 6pm Melbourne News from the Brownlow Red Carpet.

This week Peter Mitchell is going to wear yellow & black ties with Richmond in the AFL Grand Final,Mitch is a magpies supporter but showing his support for the local team in the Grand Final. IMG_20170925_151232

Reporter Michael Felgate with Mitch and Blake.

5 Likes

Really what about Geoff Parry , Alexandra Ristway , Rob Scott , Emily Baker ,Monique Dirksz

I’m not saying they dont file reports, it just appears that Joey, Chris and Rory have filed more reports recently than Geoff, Alex, Rob etc…

1 Like

The new kids a very heavy in the rotation at the moment. Chris Meldrum is improving. And Emily Baker is 100% better. Which is the point I suppose.

Did we ever find anything else out about Rick & Sue’s record? :thinking:

Hang on, CCTV news???

Wow,

Screenshot_54

Wasen’t there an Aussie presenter that is now on Al Jazzera?

Tonight’s 7.30 on ABC has a report on former Seven Adelaide reporter Amy Taeuber, who was sacked by the station last year after complaining that a senior colleague called her a “lesbian” on her birthday. Taeuber filed an “adverse action” claim against Seven in Federal Circuit Court late last year but both parties were ordered to mediation in Sydney in early 2017. The claim was settled out of court in February, so it seems the report is a follow up.

3 Likes

nothing has been mention which really strange did send message to 7 news produce Howard Gretten but never replied

1 Like

It’s a pretty appalling reflection on Seven’s management; it appears to be a nasty boys’ club attacking anyone who dares to complain, instead of conducting an impartial & fair investigation into complaints.

3 Likes

Story can be found here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-25/recording-reveals-how-channel-7-cadet-was-dismissed/8984428

4 Likes

Just watched the report and… Holy shit Seven. I’ve had bosses in casual positions paying me in cash with better compliance with the Fair Work Act.

Awful.

3 Likes

Nicole Pedersen-Mckinnon (a financial expert) was a “Guest Reporter” on Seven News Sydney tonight with a story about, you guessed it, how to save money on your household bills. She’ll have another report tomorrow night apparently.
Her VO for the package was so obviously done on an iPhone headset mic though.

Edit - Here’s the report: https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/912609771517120513

2 Likes

The URL under her name suggested she’s not a reporter, but this was a paid spot…in the news. :frowning:
Plus the claim of saving “thousands” was, predictably, not lived up to.

Back to the harassment case; it seems those bright sparks at Seven didn’t think that people other than Amy herself would talk to the media…

Although in general I agree with asking for a response before airing a complaint, given Seven’s past behaviour both in this case and in going for suppression orders, I’m glad 7:30 didn’t give Seven the chance this time. Seven are big enough and have their own voice to be able to respond after the report on 7:30.

3 Likes

Huh? They did. There was a statement provided by Seven during the initial 7.30 story IIRC.

Perth’s Monica Kos read a statement during TT

1 Like

In The Guardian’s story Seven claims not; I’ve just quickly looked at the end of the report on iView (in case my memory failed me), and it looks like there wasn’t a statement from Seven.