Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Yes, he is presenting updates this afternoon.

2 Likes

This is extremely unusual, I was not expecting this. Did anyone in Sydney manage to get a recording of the bulletin; I was busy watching the massive prelim final :joy: This was the first time he has presented a ‘national’ bulletin like this isn’t it? But where was Freya or someone else who would normally present this bulletin? Now Musher will have presented both the 5PM and 6PM bulletins in Sydney tonight…

1 Like

I wasn’t expecting that either. I’m pretty sure it’s his first time presenting a national bulletin too. I recorded it

Apologies for the opener, it shouldn’t be like that -_-

4 Likes

Might be doing a weather OB tonight and/or they’ve sent Freya (or whoever) out to cover the fires/heat.

That’s fine it happens, thanks so much for that!!

1 Like

They could have got Samantha Brett in or even Sally Bowrey or Sarah Cumming. There were plenty of other options aside from the 6PM presenter…

Not on a Saturday if there’s a big weather story and decide they want to get their weather presenter out into the field.

Nine uses a 6pm presenter for 5pm so what is the problem with Seven doing the same?

2 Likes

Sally Bowrey presented Weather in Sydney tonight.

2 Likes

Sally Bowrey actually presented the weather tonight in Sydney from the studio so I don’t know why she didn’t present the 5PM news like what Seven normally does with whoever is presenting the Friday-Saturday weather

2 Likes

What is the problem with you lot and Usher presenting a 5pm bulletin? I don’t understand the negativity?

Alicia Loxley presents both as does other high profiles around the networks.

9 Likes

Because Seven don’t normally do it, they are always different to the other networks with respect to their weekend news bulletins like this and I was just pointing this anomaly out with respect to Seven, not other networks…

Speaking of Mush presenting a national bulletin, you could tell he’s not a regular national presenter as he kept referencing Sydney only! E.g. “Next, we’ll have a look at Sydney’s weather forecast” & “Our next bulletin is 7News at six, hope you can join Myself and Jim for that bulletin”.

3 Likes

It might be important to note though that only Sydney saw this ‘national’ 5PM news since I don’t believe Brisbane shows the Saturday 5PM bulletin as a result of showing Creek to Coast and Queensland Weekender instead between 5 & 6 and of course all other places yesterday were showing the Richmond v GWS prelim final at the same time. This may have contributed to their decision in using Musher for this bulletin but then why did they still use the globe and not the Sydney background? Plus I did notice that for the weather, they ‘accidentally’ showed the statewide NSW forecast, not the national Australia forecast, even though that’s what Musher read out the forecast for.

3 Likes

As @Mitchell_Nock said, the bulletin only went into Sydney. I also need to add in that a presenter doesn’t write the auto cue scripts so that doesn’t really determine whether or not he is a regular of national bulletins.

3 Likes

Melbourne last night did not rate anywhere near what you predicted, yes it was still a great figure of over 300k for a 8pm bulletin.
I do agree Mitch had to front the bulletin but using the word amateur is so wrong and insulting to Blake who is a competent and professional newsreader despite not having the four decades of experience that Mitch has.
Yes Mitch has been working in the media for 40 years and reading news bulletins in Melbourne for 30 years on Seven. Blake is only in the early stages of his career in comparison to Mitch.l would call Blake a junior in comparison to Mitch.
I do believe Blake shows a lot of potential and hopefully he will remain the main fill in newsreader for weekends instead of Nick McCallum.

7 Likes

I remember the same bulletin LY was presented by Jen rather than Mitch, but @Pranks I really do disagree with you that Blake is an amateur. Yes he might not be up there with the likes of Alicia yet but does that mean he will always be like that? I would’ve thought that Alicia was also as good as Blake when she first started, but look where she is now. Even the best newsreaders in Australia start from the lower end and many work their way up. Case in point: Peter Overton.

2 Likes

Personally l regard Jen and Mitch as equals despite Mitch being the weekday newsreader. Jen’s career in the media has been about 37 years and she is still at the top of her game.She is just as well known to Melbourne viewers as Mitch.

2 Likes

Blake Johnson presenting in Melbourne tonight.

6 Likes

Robert Ovadia presenting 5pm News.

4 Likes

I Agree. Poor choice of words on my part. Newcomer, Beginner, Aspirant would have been more appropriate.

What I was trying to say, was these high rating bulletins are for those experienced who can hold an audience. Mitch/Jen are Seven News, they need to front the mammoth audience.

Surprised it only pulled 300s though.

2 Likes