Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

That’s great news Ann is a much better option than Angie or Chris.

10 Likes

Yes, I said this exact thing half an hour or so ago based off exactly the same thing, Chris Reason said it at the end of the 11:00 news update but for some reason my comments don’t show automatically on here like they used to…

Just thought it would be a bit strange for them to have Chris do the daytime bulletins and Ann 6pm rather than around the other way but I’m sure they’ve got their reasons (and I always love seeing Ann in the evening so not complaining!!).

2 Likes

Ann will also be presenting tomorrow night

6 Likes

So glad they’re finally using Ann over Chris at 6pm. She is far more accomplished presenter than him.

6 Likes

I am so pleasantly surprised to see Ann presenting tonight and hear she’ll be back tomorrow night.

She deserves it.

Amazing to think how long she has been around, all the different roles she’s had and now she’s back in prime time (albeit temporarily).

10 Likes

Ann would be my first choice for weekends if they were to move Michael into weeknights at some point in the next couple of years. Mark can do the daytime bulletins (if he can bear to sink to such a level).

3 Likes

Well said. Watching tonight’s bulletin and can’t help but thinking that Ann and Georgie are as good as each other (sorry @nationalnews), whereas with Musher and Mel Georgie is far ahead of both.

3 Likes

She’d be my first choice over Ferguson and Usher. She has a more authoritative presenting style than both.

4 Likes

Anne would be 40 years at 7 remember when she started in perth in the late 70’s
she won 2 logies while at tvw in 1981.1982
in 1983 she move to atn 7
what awesome career she has had and looks pretty good for 57

4 Likes

I believe that Ann Sanders was at Channel Ten Sydney for a number of years in the 1980s, before returning to Seven for Sydney’s relaunched “Seven Nightly News” in January 1988. Ann presented the then-6.30pm bulletin with Richard Zachariah for Seven Sydney that year and with Roger Climpson in 1989 (which moved to 6pm in August 1989).

In 1990, Ann Sanders moved to 11AM while Seven Nightly News Sydney became a solo presented bulletin with Roger Climpson in an attempt (which I think might’ve even been successful, if only for a short time around 1992-93 or thereabouts) to break the longtime ratings dominance of National Nine News with Brian Henderson.

When Roger left in January 1995, Ann presented the bulletin solo for a few years before being paired with Ross Symonds…and I think we know how the rest of the story played out.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping Seven throws her a massive party next year and makes a big deal about it on-air. Firstly because she deserves it and secondly because it might help convey some longevity and experience which is an area where Seven lags behind Nine.

5 Likes

Yes you are correct anne left 7 perth in 1983 and joined 10 till 1988 when Anne went to atn 7 and the rest is history
Still nothing on Rick Ardon and Susannah Carr passing the 32 yr mark as the longest news duo
Yet

3 Likes

Before that, TVW-7 should do that for Rick and Sue. Surely they haven’t forgotten about the extraordinary WR that they’re about to beat?

How do you figure? I always thought Seven had the most experienced and hence best team of presenters and well reporters at the very least. I do understand that several of them like Damien Smith in Sydney have left but there’s still Chris Reason, Chris Maher, Helen Wellings, Paul Kadak (and again that’s just Sydney but I’m sure there are other experienced reporters in other places) and even Mike Amor from the US Bureau, Angela Cox has been reporting in various different roles for a while now etc etc. As for the presenters, well just about all of the main ones have credibility in one way or another. While I do not know any of Nine’s presenters or reporters, I do know that you can’t say Seven doesn’t have longevity and experience. God you just have to look at Rick & Sue in Perth for longevity…

I did not say they don’t have any longevity and experience. I said that they lag behind Nine in that area.

Seven has many excellent reporters and reporters with several decades of experience but Nine just has more of them in Sydney (people like Simon Bouda, Damien Ryan, Mark Burrows, Mike Dalton, Eddy Meyer etc). If you don’t know any of Nine’s presenters or reporters then how can you possibly reach your own conclusion about the quality of the two teams?

I think Seven has some great reporters. But I also think that Seven would benefit from making more of a fuss around their senior figures to help lift the image of the news service a bit.

2 Likes

Pretty sure Ann has notched up 31 consecutive years at 7 at some stage this year…

As one of the first and biggest events she covered was the aftermath of the Chernobyl disaster, and that occurred in 1986.

Prior to that she was at 10, and even before that she was at 7 in WA and SA… So she has probably almost notched up 35+ years at 7.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I was just trying to point out the talent that Seven does have and maybe there is a part of me that is angry that Seven does not have the same amount of experienced reporters that you say Nine has. You must be able to tell my favouritism for them by now…

I agree with eddel.

Seven News does have some decent talent amongst their Sydney news team, but overall they lag behind Nine in longevity and experience. I also don’t think Seven’s Sydney presenting/reporting team has quite the depth of Nine’s, if that makes sense.

As well as the seasoned veterans, Nine News Sydney also seems to have better up and coming reporters compared to Seven News Sydney.

Now to be fair, Seven does have some good young(er) talent. But there doesn’t seem to be anyone in the Martin Place newsroom who strikes me as being their equivalent of a Chris O’Keefe or Jayne Azzopardi, for example.

3 Likes

Last night’s bulletin for those who didn’t see it

Courtesy of: @ScreenTower

6 Likes