Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Let me let you inside of an industry secret: almost all news breaks are pre-recorded, sometimes hours before airing, and even, gasp, by someone who isn’t reading the bulletin. :dizzy_face:

14 Likes

Susannah Carr presenting perths 4pm news again today

3 Likes
2 Likes

Chris Reason presenting Friday Morning News and Sydney Afternoon News. A very boring day in terms of anchors (Mark Burrows vs Chris Reason).

4 Likes

Ryan Phelan presented sport on Sydney News on Friday & Saturday this week.

2 Likes

Susannah Carr has presented 4pm all week and the 6pm news from Wednesday solo

4 Likes

Michael Usher presenting in Sydney this week. It appears Mark has taken his mid-year holidays but he never mentioned he was going on holidays last Thursday did he? I would have thought he would have said a slight something at the end of last Thursday’s bulletin.

5 Likes

Will be interesting to see the ratings.

3 Likes

Sam Jolly back Presenting Perth’s 4pm news

1 Like

Unfortunately for Michael Usher, Peter Overton absolutely smashed him in the ratings last night.

4 Likes

I would like to see the ratings this week, purely because Sunday is probably Nine’a best day considering the NRL was on.

1 Like

I don’t think its applicable to think that ratings will improve in one week because there is a different newsreader… viewer habits take time to change, people just don’t turn the tv on and think yeah i’ll watch Michael because he is on my screen instead of Mark.

1 Like

No surprises there. In the past, Michael has rated worse than Mark does during the week.

I see your point, and yes, a bulletin won’t go from woe to go in one night. But, from what I have seen, increases and decreases do occur over a short time with a fill-in anchor. QLD, for example, rated better with Kay McGrath in the weeknight seat and declined when Sharyn returned. On Nine, when Darren anchors solo they rated better and worse when Alison is solo (the same on weekdays on GC). At breakfast, when Nat co-hosts with Kochie the gap in the daily ratings usually either increases or decreases, rather than staying the same.
For me, when I switch on my regular bulletin and I don’t like the anchor, I switch (I get it is a MS thing).

While it’s true that Usher rated worse than Fergo. It should be remembered that the same was probably the case with Pete Overton when he first started. But look at him now.

2 Likes

In the case of some presenters switch on or off is exactly what I do,. Kay McGrath, Chris Bath, Sandra Sully = switch on. Mark Ferguson, Chris Reason, Alison Arriotti = switch off.

7 Likes

Sharnelle Vella has joined Seven News in Melbourne as a court reporter with her first report tonight. She was previously at Network Ten.

7 Likes

I mentioned this a week ago that she was joining 7.

2 Likes

Definitely another good get by Seven.

3 Likes

And another loss by Ten :frowning:

3 Likes

Sadly he doesn’t rate better than Ferguson. Seven failed again. They really couldn’t get someone who could give Overton a run for his money.

1 Like