Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Ryan Phelan is presenting sport on 5pm News and Sydney News tonight.

4 Likes

Sam, Nat and Eddy did a Facebook chat last week during which Nat mentioned a few times that she was “back on early news”.

Not sure if that was just referring to a few days/weeks or a permanent return but thought it was worth mentioning nonetheless.

4 Likes

Chris Reason presenting Monday Morning News.

EDIT - Ann Sanders is presenting Sydney Afternoon News.

3 Likes

Wonder where Ann is today. She only just took several weeks off last month!

Edit: She must have had something urgent to attend to just this morning. I knew she wouldn’t have been on holidays again since this sort of thing has happened before; her being absent in the morning and returning in the afternoon or vice versa even.

3 Likes

Samantha Brett who was presenting 3 days a week is doing more reporting now for Sunrise and Sydney News over the past month.
Jodie Speers who was suppose to return from maternity leave later in the year, could be returning soon.
Or Seven might have decided to give the bulletin back to Nat permanently, time will tell l suppose.

3 Likes

Maybe off sick?

5 Likes

Or whoever the Sunrise newsreader happens to be on the day (i.e. It could be Eddy when she’s reading Sunrise news :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

Amelia Broun presenting Perth afternoon news

1 Like

Maybe that might be Susannah Carr!!!

1 Like

I haven’t watched it but Amelia did the next at 4!!

1 Like

not sure what happen but Susannah Carr presented the Perth 4pm news today

1 Like

Probably because Sue is doing double shifts so they got someone (Amelia) to do updates

1 Like

Rohan Welsh is presenting sport in Queensland Sunday and Monday, Pat Welsh Tuesday- Saturday this week. Shane Webcke is having an operation.

1 Like

This is truly unusual. If Sue presented the 4PM news then she should have done the ‘Next at 4’ update no doubt about it!! Just another thing to add to the long long list of things Seven Perth can’t get right I suppose…

Does it really matter??? Maybe she was called in and couldnt be ready until 4pm. It happens. Its not that bigger deal IMO

5 Likes

All the big issues tonight on 7 Perth Media spy.

3 Likes

The ‘Next at 4’ update should be filmed like not even 10 minutes before it shows on TV at roughly 3:50. I always assume it to be a near live update since it should include breaking news etc that will be included in the bulletin. Sue should have been there to film this if she was there at 4 and it appears more ‘polished’ if the actual presenter of the 4PM news presents this one right before it starts. Sue should have been there and available to film it then. It is alright if any earlier updates are presented by Amelia Broun or someone else who is not the 4PM news presenter if that’s what Seven Perth want to do but the last one should really be done by the person who is actually going to be the presenter.

In reality, Rick or Sue should be doing the 3:00 update anyway though since Mark, the 6PM presenter in Sydney, does it and even Jane/John from Adelaide do this.

1 Like

Mate, my god, you have way too much time on your hands.

11 Likes

Seriously? wow. Its an UPDATE. I am all for professionalism but come on. Also get ready to be annoyed if the same happens today as Sue is presenting the 4PM News again today

4 Likes

I totally agree. Who in Perth actually cares (probably @Mitchell_Nock) about who does the updates and who does the bulletins. Is it affecting ratings or anything?

On the subject of Perth’s Arvo news. Their bulletin is very stale, which is a shame as the presenters are excellent, let down by a lacklustre content and format choices.

5 Likes