Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

While its great to have Nat here, they are litterally showing the same stories every half hour including showing the same packaged full report. Its so identical you wouldnt even know if it was actually live or not.

That set is ridiculous. The ratio is way off, she looks like a toddler siting at a massive dining table!!!

13 Likes

Seven Perth set has gone from the best set to the worst set in the country. Bring back a live shot of the city

2 Likes

Best set? When?? Itā€™s never been good.

7 Likes

Nat said on Perthā€™s weather last night that there would be changes to the Perth news on Sunrise but Iā€™m not seeing any differences from before this week to the Perth news! It seems exactly the same to me. Would anyone like to fill me in on what the so-called ā€˜changesā€™ were supposed to be?

2 Likes

Why does there even have to be a double header once Sue retires. I think it should just be ditched and have Rick anchor solo in that event. I never see the purpose of having double headers and personally I think Seven Brisbane makes the best use of double headers on 7 News in Australia where they have Bill & Sharyn start the news with the lead story together on most nights. Surely if just one person can read the news in Sydney & Melbourne then it can be done in other places too. Plus one of the only reasons I thought 7 Perth did so well is because of Rick & Sue presenting together; if Sue retires then the ā€˜dream teamā€™ is destroyed and trying to get someone to replace her just so Perth can continue to have a double header would be stupid, in my honest opinion. Everyone in Perth knows Rick so he can keep at it alone in that scenario. I definitely donā€™t think replacing her with Nat is such a good idea either. She should stay with Sunrise and the job she worked so hard for in Sydney, where she is known and loved by everyone on a National level. Bringing her back to present 6PM Perth news would just be like a demotion for her, if you ask me.

I think Seven Perth would keep a double header for the 6pm news into the future, because that market (along with Adelaide and Brisbane) is so used to seeing itā€™s bulletins with two presenters at the helm.

That of course, is in contrast to the Sydney & Melbourne which demand their news to be presented by one newsreader. Double header formats have been tried and failed spectacularly by Seven in Sydney and Melbourne before (largely because the presenters they tried together werenā€™t really the best for a duo, but still) while Nineā€™s news with a single presenter dominated, so Seven will most likely never try a double header for 6pm news in the Sydney or Melbourne markets again.

2 Likes

The twisted wood set in 2010 was excellent, but unfortunately was brought in at a time that the east coast was upgrading their set. Virtual set was a dumb choice, but Perth can get away with it. Imagine the backlash Sydney and Melbourne will get if they used virtual for Sunrise and news.

1 Like

I understand they would want to do this. It just kind of frustrates me because I actually live in Perth but hate everything about 7 News in Perth & as you would be able to tell by my profile, I would not watch any other channelā€™s news other than 7ā€™s. Some of the major reasons why I hate it is due to the double header format of the news and their absolutely horrific presentation they use so I watch 7 Sydney each night instead because in my opinion, that is exactly how 7 News should be done. I know you might criticise me for this but I absolutely love their presentation particularly with big stories like weā€™ve had many of lately and 7 Perth do an absolute shit job of the presentations that those sorts of stories deserve. Also, I really enjoy watching Mark, even though some of you think heā€™s bland & ā€˜Mr Beigeā€™ I absolutely cannot see that in any way whatsoever.

1 Like

I think thats why Perth is winning, because they keep things simplistic and have had the same presenters for a while

2 Likes

Yes, I believe she will be too according to Seven Perthā€™s twitter account, thanking her for her time on the Perth news and I sincerely hope we will see her back where she belongs too, on Sunrise!!

Sharyn and Bill probably have chemistry, Rick and Sue have none.

And a 6pm gig would be a promotion from Sunrise. Iā€™d say better pay, better hours. I guess youā€™re from the east so see Perth as a backwards step, but as her kids get older, being back in the west is probably a much better life all around.

3 Likes

If Natalie Barr was to replace Sue one day, while for Sunrise audience it will be a sad day, I personally believe Seven News Perth will be in very safe hands with Rick and Nat.

Of course, if Nat was to leave for that very reason, we should hope that Pell picks the right choice for news (not Eddy, probably someone like Angela Cox, Sally Bowrey, Angie Asimus or Sarah Cumming would be my pick). However knowing Michael Pell, Iā€™m not holding my breath over it.

If Rick and Sue didnā€™t have chemistry I donā€™t think they would be on the air for 32+ years.

5 Likes

Have you watched them? They hardly want to look at each other let alone have chemistry.

Yes I do watch them every night living in Perth, just because they donā€™t present Stories together doesnā€™t necessarily mean there is no chemistryā€¦ and something must be right if they have been winningā€¦

2 Likes

They literally could be in separate buildings, and itā€™s well established that they donā€™t really get along.
I think itā€™s more a case of Perth likes Sue, Perth (for some reason) likes Rick, and they happen to be next to each other. I have had a look around online and not seen a single bit of 'chemistry ā€™ between them.

1 Like

Exactly. Partnership has been a long one.

Nobody has said it hasnā€™t been.
But really, if anybody can show me an example of RIck and Sue having any chemistry Iā€™d love to see it. I mean Sue seems like a bundle of laughs but Rick not so much.

1 Like

Saying they donā€™t get along is ridiculous, it sounds like something the Daily Mail would say when they have ran out of stories. You obviously havenā€™t seen them at Telethon or in these videos for that mater https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BwvbNNFd0A , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KUJlyKytjI, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt1eziW8tjI

Rod and Kay prior to being demoted always presented stories separately and you rarely saw them making jokes together. This is the 6PM news not sit down on the couch with Rick and Sue for a coffee.

3 Likes