Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Nina has been with Seven since late April.

1 Like

Angela Cox presenting morning & afternoon news again this Friday (after having presented Early News & co-hosting TMS this morning). Sheā€™s doing an incredible job at the moment, taking on all these roles at once, I must say!!

8 Likes

Melbourne reporter Brendan Roberts is leaving the network. Today was his last day

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised after last Monday that Ann is actually presenting the national Morning & Afternoon news today on this Queenā€™s Birthday public holiday in most states. I thought she wouldnā€™t be and if there was a day she would have taken off, it would have been today rather than last Monday. Is she going by WA public holidays? :joy:

1 Like

David Eccleston just did the report in Sydney about the speeding. Isnā€™t he new or from someplace else at 7?

David Eccleston has been at Seven for many years, I believe heā€™s an ex-Today Tonight reporter.

Yes I thought I knew the name from 7 but he hasnā€™t been seen much anywhere lately on 7 and he did the report on the speeding I referred to in the content and appearance forum that they were promoting for tonight.

He is apparently lucky to even have a job at Seven - link wonā€™t work but a quick google will bring up plenty of articles about his conduct while with Sunrise.

1 Like

Another experienced reporter gone. Who is going to replace him as crime reporter?

Natalie Forrest (formly GWN years ago)where has she been

She was in Canberra just last week for Seven News. From what Iā€™ve seen, she is very good.

1 Like

Sheā€™s excellent. Surprised why they havenā€™t launched Seven News Canberra with Natalie Forrest, would be 10x better than watching Fergo, Vanessa, Geoff or Dan.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t Natalie Forrest one of the main presenters on Prime7 News?

Hasnā€™t been for a while now. Since the beginning of the year all Prime7 News (local) bulletins are presented by Madelaine Collignon and Kenny Heatley. Natalie is now employed by Seven I believe.

David was originally a Current Affair reporter, then a Today Tonight reporter, went back to Nine as co-exec producer of the Verdict and brought back to Seven as the Supervising Producer for Weekend Sunrise by McPherson - now in News at Seven.

4 Likes

As others have pointed out, Natalie Forrest has been at Prime7 News for years.

While that would be good, I canā€™t see a ā€œSeven News Canberraā€ happening in the foreseeable future.

In recent years Natalie Forrest has mainly been the presenter of the News Updates in regions without full Prime7 News bulletins, as well as being an occasional fill-in presenter on those full bulletins.

Natā€™s leaving Prime7 at the end of this week and as far as I can tell, will be joining Seven Newsā€™ Canberra bureau on a full time basis.

It would be great to have Seven News Canberra, but if iā€™m not mistaken, prime is already winning that time-slot, with the Sydney edition, so why would they change?

1 Like

Almost feels like Canberrans seems to like Fergo more than Sydneysiders. Is it because thereā€™s no other (good) options at six?

1 Like

When Canberraā€™s 6pm alternatives are a newsreader who probably should stick to weather presenting and ā€œthat slightly over-cheery guy from Wollongongā€, Fergo is really the best of an ordinary lot! :open_mouth:

But of course, the actual #1 news in Canberra is at 7pm on the ABC for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

Seven News Sydney is number 0ne in Canberra right? I think they says a lot as to why do network bother with second-class local news.