Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Angela Cox also presenting Thursday Morning News.

2 Likes

Where’s Ann today?

The only newsreader that is qualified to go up against Peter Overton, Georgie Gardner and Deborah Knight.

1 Like

Ann’s here now. She must have been a little late this morning. I just saw her do an afternoon news update in Sydney.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how long Nina Stevens (former Sky news presenter/reporter) has been at Seven News Sydney? Saw her on the afternoon news today

1 Like

Since Late April…I think.

I noticed Paul Burt (QLD weather) had a tattoo sleeve half shown during the weather on a few occasions now.

I’m curious to see others opinion on this, I don’t think it’s professional for a 6pm News service and my personal view is it shouldn’t be shown. Whilst I understand the roving reporter/casual approach to QLD weather I think it damages the brand.

This?

You’ll have to turn away if you see me on screen then :wink:

Its 2017. Not an issue.

3 Likes

I beg to differ. You’d be surprised how many people still associate tattoos with bikers, criminals, gang members and sailors. My workplace has a strict “no visible tattoos” policy, even for staff who don’t routinely interact with clients. I know of quality people who have been rejected for positions because tattoos were showing when they turned up for the interview. I’m also aware of many hospitality venues, not just around the affluent areas of Sydney but in very working class areas of the south coast, where tattoos must be covered. Staff are made to wear long sleeved shirts or conceal them with make up.

I’m surprised Paul Burt is allowed to appear on camera with his tattoo showing. Having said that, I live for the day Mark Ferguson turns up to read the news with a neck tatt as proof he has a personality.

5 Likes

Thats a very old world mentality all round.

Its not the norm I see in my corporate career.

If it was a full sleeve, neck, facial or something more prominent, then yes, perhaps it could be perceived as an issue. But a relatively small, dark tatt on his inner arm IMO is nothing.

2 Likes

Angela Cox also presenting Friday Morning News.

1 Like

And afternoon news :grin:

2 Likes

Sarah Cumming is presenting weather in Sydney tonight, Angie Asimus is away sick.Also Jim Wilson is back presenting sport.

6 Likes

Almost like the Seven News Sydney of old!

Tonight will probably be the first time that Sarah Cumming has presented a Sydney weather forecast since she went on maternity leave in September 2015 (only to return to a different position)?

4 Likes

Don’t know why they got rid of Sarah Cumming & Jim Wilson off weeknights. So much talent their. Really how long until we see Jim & Sarah move on from Seven?

2 Likes

I agree. For the first time in ages, last night’s bulletin actually felt like Seven News Sydney again (if that makes sense)!

Hopefully we’ll see the Usher/Wilson/Cumming trio again tonight, but it’ll be back to Nine for me after that!

3 Likes

I think it was a good move, though, appointing David Brown the weeknight weather presenter as I think he was a great contributor to Sydney’s weeknight ratings increase. Even though I do agree Chris Bath and Jim Wilson should not have been moved from weeknights, Seven wanted a female apart of the weekend team, given Brownie replaced Cumming, so they poached a controversial name to bring headlines.

1 Like