Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Just like having Rob Brough.

Really?..Robā€¦has a weird HABIT ā€¦of having really longā€¦pausesā€¦ In the wrong PLACES.

1 Like

Two things:

1. Heā€™s clearly phoning it in. I realise that they must have a hectic day filming so many different bulletins but he just sits and reads the autocue. Very formulaic and not at all engaging.

2. And leading on from above, he just doesnā€™t suit the news bulletin of 2020. Heā€™s from another generation of newsreaders and hasnā€™t kept up with changing styles like others have. Thatā€™s not just his fault, the Queensland bulletins could do with a major refresh.

1 Like

Nowadays he does, and that is what annoys me.

What I am saying is, in his golden days he was a gun newsreader, not so now.

1 Like

Brownie back on 7 News Sydney tonight as well. No weekend for him.

1 Like

Full bulletin thanks to @ScreenTower for anyone interested.

5 Likes

Theyā€™ve run out of weather presenters. Angie is in Queensland, Sarah is working through the week now, Sally is on maternity leave, Talitha was shown the doorā€¦who else is there in Sydney?

2 Likes

Bad for him, good for us right?

While Iā€™m still here, you might be interested to know that Ryan Phelan presented Sydney Sport tonight. If this was the regular Sunday-Thursday team, Iā€™m making the switch no doubt.

1 Like

Replace Ryan Phelan with Jim Wilson and add Melissa Doyle to the desk alongside Michael Usher, and I might agree with you.

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually thinking Mush and Nat Barr after seeing them on-air together last week.

My preference is Mush by himself thought to be honest. Have never been a big fan of double headers in the evening.

1 Like

5 Likes

With weather news leading the bulletin, I daresay they wanted their network/local meteorologist to cover it.

1 Like

A good choice IMO.

1 Like

I notice that Melbourne reporter Michael Scanlan has been filing reports from the US bureau this week. Is he filling in for Mike Amor or Ashlee Mullany?

And Cameron Price was over there last week as well.

Really like that Melbourne closer shot how that get the promo screen in also.

4 Likes

Monday (03.04.17)- Tuesday (04.04.17): Angela Cox presented the Early News.

2 Likes

Ever since Michael Usher debuted, I think they havenā€™t pressed ā€˜Mark Alertā€™ for a long time.

I think the reason why Mark Ferguson was brought in to present on big news events when Mel Doyle was presenting was because Mel lacked the KO blow to bring Nine down (ratings say the same, but I beg to differ?). Now that Michael Usher has joined the team, Seven seems to trust their fill-in anchors in Sydney (Musher and Reason) to bring big news more than when Mel was the weekend presenter.

On another note, I personally think Michael Usher is a far better presenter than Mel Doyle yet ratings tell a complete different story.

1 Like

Jennifer Keyte presenting in Melbourne, itā€™s school holidays so Mitch must be on holidays.

4 Likes

Monday (03.04.17) - Friday (07ā€¦04.17): Kay McGrath is anchoring in Brisbane.

1 Like