Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I hope they move back to having dual presenters and I’d get Georgia Tunny from the ABC over to Seven to present alongside Blake

Not needed. Blake would be fine on his own.

5 Likes

Shudder.

Would work better as a sport presenter IMO. Also I doubt that ABC presenters would leave for a commercial networks in financial dire straits.

3 Likes

ABC aren’t doing too good either due to the Federal Government’s cuts. Voluntary Redundancies isn’t there?

1 Like

Blake still looks too fresh and inexperienced for me. I think Nick works a whole lot better and the ratings have been better when he is in the chair.

2 Likes

Mike Amor just posted on his Instagram story that he has returned a negative coronavirus test. Does this mean he’ll be able to return to work tonight or does he have to remain in isolation in case his symptoms continue to appear?

3 Likes

That’s good news for Mike,l suppose it will depend on how he is actually feeling today whether he returns tonight despite the negative result.

Don’t get me wrong, Nick is a great assist to have on the team, but the 3rd fill in (understudy presenter) needs to be someone younger. Blake is the perfect age for someone to be groomed into the 6pm position within 10 years or so.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20200805-113323~2

Update from Peter Mitchell this afternoon…

Screenshot_20200805-130709~2

5 Likes

Wednesday 5 August-

Jacqui Felgate is presenting sport on Morning News.

Jacqui also presenting Afternoon News in Melbourne.

Mike Amor is back presenting in Melbourne tonight.

4 Likes

Fully agree!

Mike is back tonight.

5 Likes

Thursday 06th August: Jacqueline Felgate is presenting Melbourne’s Afternoon News again today, and Andrew McCormack is presenting sport.

It appears that this is the sport roster for Melbourne’s 4pm news:
Monday-Wednesday: Sean Sowerby
Thursday-Friday: Andrew McCormack

6 Likes

Thursday: Matt Shirvington presented sport on Sydney’s afternoon and 6pm news

10 Likes

Screenshot_20200807-080033~2

Judging by this comment from Mike last night Peter Mitchell could be returning next week.

Update-

Screenshot_20200807-140117~2

11 Likes

Friday 7 August & Saturday 8 August-

Blake Johnson is presenting in Melbourne.

10 Likes

I wonder if this week he’s had off counts as his ‘mid-year holidays’? He may want to take an additional week off as an actual holiday, as this was unplanned leave and he would’ve thought he’d be presenting this week if it wasn’t for COVID.

1 Like

Saturday 08th August: Samantha Brett is presenting weather in Sydney, according to her Instagram story:

9 Likes

What cuts? You mean no additional funding.

Great to see Shirvo on 7NEWS.

2 Likes