Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Paula Voce presenting in Perth tonight. Old V/O was used.

2 Likes

Sunday -
Mike Amor presenting in Melbourne tonight with Mitch having a day off.He will be working next Saturday for Victorian Election coverage.

Edit-
Also Jacqueline Felgate is presenting sport filling in for Tim Watson tonight.

2 Likes

Geof Parry reporting from Denpasar airport tonight for Schoolies week.

Geoff on schoolies! Wow i guess no other journo wanted to go hahaha!!

1 Like

Hard to believe this presenter banter from Seven News Sydney (which IMO, is far better than the awkwardness of Fergo & Mel McLaughlin on Sunday-Thursday in recent years) is now over five years old…

Surely I can’t be the only one here who to this day, wonders what might’ve been for Seven News Sydney if they persisted with the Chris Bath & Jim Wilson lead news/sports presenter combination for a bit longer?!

4 Likes

Apologies for the double post, but since I don’t want to go wildly off topic in another thread…

Yeah…I’m personally of the belief that the main presenter who can take any credit for Seven News Sydney’s improving ratings in recent years (and particularly 2018, with most of this year’s notable wins happening during the 6.30pm half of the bulletin) is more likely to be David Brown rather than Mark Ferguson, who’s never been a strong audience puller on weeknights for any extended length of time.

As it’s been pointed out multiple times before, weather coverage is a major weakness of Nine News Sydney - hopefully something Darren & Simon will address in 2019 but as per usual, I’m not holding my breath for it to happen!

Andrew McCormack presented sport on Afternoon News in Melbourne this week.

Chris Reason is reporting from Bali.

4 Likes

Tuesday -
Mike Amor presented a special edition of Melbourne Morning News today for coverage on the Melbourne Terror Arrests this morning.

3 Likes

They should just instate local bulletins at 11.30am. The Melbourne newsroom and studio is completely up and running at that time.

2 Likes

Seven certainly well for the exactly opposite of what they had. Two presenters who ooze personality to two who have difficulty interacting with each other.

4 Likes

No. It’s not.

Do we have a video or montage of this special bulletin from yesterday?

Sydney reporter Mylee Hogan is now reporting from Bali.

2 Likes

Seven News’ Mark Riley recognised with Walkley Award for Excellence in Journalism**

Seven News Political Editor Mark Riley was last night recognised with the Walkley Award for Excellence in Journalism for Commentary, Analysis, Opinion and Critique.

Riley accepted the award at the 63rd annual gala event in Brisbane for his collection of editorial articles published in Seven West Media’s The West Australian newspaper and online; Atrocities committed in God’s name mean church will never sway me ’, ‘ Live exports to Middle East based on a lie ’, and ‘ Disappointing’ Malcolm Turnbull comes under fire from his own faction ’.

On receiving the award, Riley said: “I’m thrilled with such humbling recognition from my peers, but more proud that the Seven West Media tradition of groundbreaking journalism is acknowledged at a time when our viewers and readers need frank, fair and forthright reporting more than ever.”

Network Director of News and Public Affairs, Craig McPherson said: “Be it on broadcast or in print, Mark’s incisive observations and insights hold supreme in a media landscape where supply is oh so plentiful. This acknowledgement is tremendous recognition of Mark’s ongoing body of work and the exceptional standard he sets.”

Seven News also congratulates Chief Reporter Chris Reason, a finalist in the Television/Video: News Reporting category for his coverage of the rescue in June this year of the Wild Boars soccer team from the Tham Luang cave system in Thailand. And reporter Laura Banks, a finalist in the Public Service Journalism category for her ‘Little Boy Dead’ investigation into the horrific case of a 20-month-old boy murdered by his foster mother in Dubbo in 2015.

The pinnacle of achievement for any Australian journalist, the annual Walkley Awards recognise and reward excellence, independence, innovation and originality in storytelling and distinctive reporting across 30 categories.

1 Like

Friday -
Matt Carmichael presented sport on Morning News.

1 Like

Friday -
Melina Sarris is presenting weather in Melbourne filling in for Jane Bunn.

2 Likes

Sunday -

Robert Ovadia is presenting 5pm News.

Melina Sarris presenting the weather in Melbourne filling in for Jane Bunn.

1 Like

BRISBANE

Friday (23.11.2018): Ben Davis presented sport.

Sunday (25.11.2018): Paul Burt presented the weather.

2 Likes

Monday -
Andrew McCormack presenting sport on Afternoon News in Melbourne.

Edit
Tuesday -
Sean Sowerby returned to presenting sport on Afternoon News.

4 Likes

Tuesday -

Jim Wilson presented sport in Sydney.

2 Likes