Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Blake Johnston presenting at 4pm in Melbourne

2 Likes

Jacqueline Felgate presenting at 6pm in Melbourne tonight.
I wonder when we will know who actually has the role permanently…

1 Like

Yep. Jacqui is on at 6

Theo Doropoulos presenting sport on Adelaide’s 4pm bulletin

I hope they’ll poach a big name from somewhere else, but if they go in house, I hope Blake gets it over Jacqui.

3 Likes

Friday -
Melina Sarris presenting weather in Melbourne.

2 Likes

I felt like vomiting when she came on tonight…

1 Like

That’s probably abit rude to say. Understand that she’s not that well liked on this forum but to continue saying stuff like that about her needs to stop I think.

Jacqueline may not be the best at presenting but she has certainly improved since her first bulletin and obviously Seven sees something in her.

This post was not directed just at you.

17 Likes

I don’t get the need for such vitriolic comments either. The lady is doing her job, gee I’d hate to be in the public eye at the mercy of a bunch of keyboard warriors.

7 Likes

Her job is basically a popularity contest, if she doesn’t like that then there are plenty of jobs out there where you aren’t in the public eye.

Don’t hear many vile comments about Peter Hitchener or Ian Henderson, why is it always insecure men (or more likely adolescent boys) who feel the need to pass judgement?

3 Likes

Because they have won the popularity contest. You hear plenty of whining about Mark Ferguson, Darren Curtis, Rob Brough, Ben Fordham etc etc as well.

1 Like

Actually I don’t, and you feel that’s also acceptable because it’s against men?

Show me a comment where someone felt like vomiting when a male newsreader appeared on screen. It’s bullshit and needs to be called out.

7 Likes

I never said I thought it was acceptable.

I misread your comment and thought you were making a point about male vs female presenters which is where my comment came from. My apologies.

As for it only being men passing judgement, have you seen the Daily Mail? Or the bottomless piles of trashy female magazines on sale near the checkout at Coles? Women love judging each other, though obviously you won’t see it happening on a mostly male forum.

Jacqueline Felgate presenting in Melbourne again tonight.

2 Likes

Jane is off for a week on holidays

2 Likes

It’s the style of her presenting that is the worst, sensationalism that is. That just shows why Seven is not winning in the ratings.

Because Hitch has some substance to his presenting and communicates with the community. Peter Mitchell said that he was going to be back at my old primary school “soon”. That was in 2007.

And don’t get me started about how many CoS there have been at Seven.

No excuse for your disgusting comments about Felgate yesterday.

1 Like

he always does, later in the week.

1 Like

I agree that melbournefan went a bit too far with his remarks last night, but I just have to comment on this:

I personally wonder if the local news directors might having a negative influence on presenting/reporting styles and the overall standards of journalism on Seven News in Melbourne & Sydney (here at least, the current 2nd in-line newsreader, sports presenter & news director really should be the leaders IMO)?