Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Tony Auden has returned in Brisbane

1 Like

Emily Angwin is reporting from Canberra this week.

3 Likes

25/06/2018:

Jane Doyle anchoring solo in Adelaide.

2 Likes

Watching Jen on Ten last night made me think how important it is that Seven replace her with the right person. If they don’t, they risk having the worst news team in Melbourne. Mitch would be the best, and he is rather average.

5 Likes

Chris Reason is filling in for Mike Amor in the US.

3 Likes

Seven News has won again at the Southern California Journalism Awards.

5 Likes

Mike is doing great in the main chair. The fact that they flew Mike over to cover Peter, suggests to me that Blake nor Jacqui will become the weekend anchor. If they were you would think they would be filling-in for Peter, especially given the weekend anchor would have to fill-in during the week.

Seven must be looking to poach someone, someone like they did with Michael Usher in Sydney.

2 Likes

They should try and get someone like Brett McLeod or Tamara Oudyn

1 Like

Best options would be Rebecca Madden or Mike Amor. As previously stated, I would think Mike would want more than than just the weekend role.

2 Likes

I can’t see Bec moving back to Seven anytime soon.

3 Likes

I hope they’ll give US Bureau Chief to Emma Dallimore then.

1 Like

I don’t think Emma is even with 7 anymore

Isn’t she currently US Bureau producer?

That was last according to Mike Amor during a radio interview last September.

But she deserves more, was US Bureau Chief for Ten (2009-2013) but after their doom redundancy period and shutting down foreign bureaus, Seven picked her up and her role was kind of a demotion.

I thought she was a Seven News producer in Sydney looking at her twitter she is definitely living back here this year.

2 Likes

There we go then.

So this year marks her first permanent position back in Australia in 8 and a half years, that’s a long stint these days for any overseas news staff member, even longer than Angela Cox (who returned permanently a year or so ago).

Mike Amor and Robert Penfold the obvious veteran exceptions.

She did updates during the Commonwealth Games IIRC, only time I think we’ve seen her on air since she came back from the US.

I’m sure if she wanted an on-air role Seven would give her one.

1 Like

This was Emma’s first week in Los Angeles (early July 2009), after being a reporter in Brisbane for around a decade:

I remember tuning-in to Ten’s Morning News with Ron Wilson one morning (a Thursday or Friday which he did then) and it opened with breaking news crossing to Nicole Strahan under a loud helicopter reporting of a medical emergency with Michael Jackson. She filed a report a week later after his death, on toxicology to be released.

And then his funeral (this cap) was the first I’d seen of Emma there.

I only remember this because of the extraordinary news event it was, I’m not some weirdo with eclectic photographic memory.

3 Likes

Friday -
Angie Asimus presenting Morning News with Michelle Bishop presenting sport(Jim Wilson is on holidays) and Amelia Mulcahy presenting the weather.

EDIT-
Angie also presented Sydney Afternoon News.

1 Like

Blake Johnson presenting in Melbourne on Friday & Saturday again this week.

Michael Felgate presenting sport on Friday.

5 Likes

29/06/2018:

Mark Beretta presenting sport in Sydney.

6 Likes