Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Almost like the Seven News Sydney of old!

Tonight will probably be the first time that Sarah Cumming has presented a Sydney weather forecast since she went on maternity leave in September 2015 (only to return to a different position)?

4 Likes

Don’t know why they got rid of Sarah Cumming & Jim Wilson off weeknights. So much talent their. Really how long until we see Jim & Sarah move on from Seven?

2 Likes

I agree. For the first time in ages, last night’s bulletin actually felt like Seven News Sydney again (if that makes sense)!

Hopefully we’ll see the Usher/Wilson/Cumming trio again tonight, but it’ll be back to Nine for me after that!

3 Likes

I think it was a good move, though, appointing David Brown the weeknight weather presenter as I think he was a great contributor to Sydney’s weeknight ratings increase. Even though I do agree Chris Bath and Jim Wilson should not have been moved from weeknights, Seven wanted a female apart of the weekend team, given Brownie replaced Cumming, so they poached a controversial name to bring headlines.

1 Like

They replaced a weathergirl with a meteorologist. I’d rather watch someone who knew their stuff and loved it than someone reading an autocue.

9 Likes

It would have been nice to see Sarah return to present weekend weather but IMO her current position is a move up and the daytime hours probably suit her better.

Does Monique still do TDE a couple of days per week? I think we will see Sarah kept on as third presenter after Sally comes back after maternity.

4 Likes

Monique hasn’t been on The Daily Edition for a long while. They have been trailing a three host format in past weeks, with the newsreader staying on for most segments, so it will be interesting to see how this progresses when Sally returns.

Is Angie filling in for Sally? and does anyone know when Sally is set to return?

For me, it seems like Seven is always trying to find a role for Ryan Phelan because Jim is now doing Morning News sport Tuesday-Friday. What a mess.

2 Likes

[quote=“NewsAustralia, post:2448, topic:149, full:true”]
Is Angie filling in for Sally? and does anyone know when Sally is set to return?
[/quote] Yes, initially I think Angie was filling in for Bowrey whilst she is on ML. However, given that she features in the Seven News Sydney promo and has filled in for Michael, perhaps Angie is permanent. As for Sally, I am actually expecting her to become the permanent newsreader for Weekend Sunrise, but what does that mean for Angela Cox? Early News? A lot of changes ahead.

Doesn’t Weekend Sunrise need an entertainment presenter to match up with Weekday Sunrise? If so, I expect Sally to return to that role which she initially held early last year.

3 Likes

Michael Usher presenting 9:30pm special tonight.

2 Likes

Robert Ovadia presenting national morning & afternoon news today. I wonder where Ann is today but she probably does deserve this time off for all the extra work she’s put in over the past several weeks.

1 Like

Just give me a sec and I’ll check her diary for you.

7 Likes

You don’t have to give me that!! I just think it’s unusual that she was away last Thursday morning and now this morning. She will probably be back this afternoon

She probably has heaps of Flexi time from the coverage she presented about Manchester bombings.

2 Likes

And for the amount of time Ann has been with Seven, she can probably take whatever time she wants off. Like Sully on Ten!

9 Likes

Jacqueline Felgate returned to presenting the Afternoon News in Melbourne today from maternity leave

5 Likes
4 Likes

@Mitchell_Nock Robert Ovadia also presented the Afternoon News.

1 Like