Seven News Content and Appearance

For me Sydney is miles in front. Melbourne second and Brisbane a very distant last. Brisbane just looks terrible.

2 Likes

Perth wants to know how come even the kids in Melbourne get a real news desk!

7 Likes

All three sets need an overhead feature in the rigging to finish them off nicely - the reliance on top-down wide angles when all three are now in large production-standard studios is nuts.

I like the Melbourne set but have never liked the wavy lines, even more so once the current angle-mad graphics came in.

So for me Sydney is the leader. It’s just used in a very boring way with the same series of locked off shots every bulletin, surely the robotic camera system is capable of more than what they are using.

5 Likes

With The Latest now coming out of the only city that doesn’t have a physical set and is stuck with bad set-rendering software, I think Perth could use a little bit of love with the current Melbourne set.

11 Likes

Friday March 29

Due to local SANFL coverage, the afternoon news in Adelaide will be 30 minutes at 4:30pm.

2 Likes

Friday 29 March -

The Melbourne bulletin started at 7.08pm AEDT, due to the late finish to the AFL match between North Melbourne and Carlton.

2 Likes

The 7news Youtube channel is trying to pass off this five-year-old re-edited interview as new.

It’s particuarly galling considering they uploaded the original story only days earlier with a date stamp.

There’s also no financial disclosure, and considering the impact the pandemic had on inflation, savings, the stock market etc, this advice would be wildly outdated. If only there was a way to conduct a new interview. If only the Seven network had a finance editor…

2 Likes

How is this Australia’s No.1 News service? Laughable.

Because the others are even worse. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ha! That’s nothing. Channel 5 in the UK (same owners as Channel 10 btw) constantly passes off whole shows as new. Give it a different name, maybe re-edit it slightly (and if you’re really lucky a small amount of new footage) and voila! ‘New’ content.

Anyway 7 has a whole finance channel (ausbiz). Maybe they should start sharing a lot more content?

While they distribute via 7plus, they don’t own Ausbiz.

2 Likes

This evening’s Seven News Melbourne will be pushed back. The final quarter of the AFL match between Hawthorn and Geelong has been delayed due to lightning within 10km of the MCG. AFL rules say there will be a minimum 20 minute break.

2 Likes

cue the outrage and horror

7 Likes

Match not re-starting until 6:11pm and the final quarter will go until about 6:45pm or so.

1 Like

Tonight’s bulletin started in Melbourne and Adelaide at 6.44pm AEDT.

4 Likes

6:14pm Adelaide time.

Also is news finished in Melbourne, or is it about to wrap up?

1 Like

Still has sport and weather to run in Melbourne.

1 Like

Adelaide is still on sport atm, so I’m assuming they are running it for the full hour.

3 Likes

As Sully predicted earlier:

I thought Seven would curtail the Melbourne bulletin to 30 minutes, instead it is going the full hour.

2 Likes

Looks like Melbourne has decided to still deliver a full hour of news tonight.

2 Likes